RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Metros > Minnesota | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Ratebeer Summer Gathering 2013

read 8775 times • 163 replies • posted 8/17/2012 9:25:59 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17

premium
JK 4293:250
Originally posted by tennisjoel
Originally posted by khoffman43

That said, I do recall a few growlers being brought to the last summer gathering. One that stood out for many was a Berlinner Weise from Fitgers.

The Champagne of the North. Ben and I drove up 2 nights before and brought back growlers. That batch was excellent, maybe the best beer I have had out of Fitgers.
8/17/2012 8:15:19 PM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
Guerde 1150:7
Originally posted by JK
Getting growlers/bottles from as many out-state places as possible and bring them down would be fun (I think). I go to Duluth once a month so I could bring some back...

5 years ago, we had stops at Town Hall, Surly, Happy Gnome, and a lot of other places with smaller groups. Locals drove out of towners to events, and we determined that even if people had to use cabs, it would be less expensive than a bus. There are a lot more options now.

Light rail?
8/17/2012 8:33:46 PM

premium
Originally posted by Guerde
Originally posted by JK
Getting growlers/bottles from as many out-state places as possible and bring them down would be fun (I think). I go to Duluth once a month so I could bring some back...

5 years ago, we had stops at Town Hall, Surly, Happy Gnome, and a lot of other places with smaller groups. Locals drove out of towners to events, and we determined that even if people had to use cabs, it would be less expensive than a bus. There are a lot more options now.

Light rail?

Will the new line be open? That would help. I was also thinking in terms of new beer stuff.
8/17/2012 8:38:52 PM

emeinz 220:45
According to the metro transit website, light rail will be finished sometime in 2014
8/17/2012 9:22:12 PM

DalzAle 1904:13
Originally posted by JK
Originally posted by JK

Light rail?

Will the new line be open? That would help. I was also thinking in terms of new beer stuff.

It would be pretty nice to have the light rail.

I guess I assumed having a bus was a must and didnít realize there wasnít one in 2007. Perhaps an optional consideration in the proposal and decide based on feedback?

Already received positive responses from Town Hall and Indeed (pending dates and assuming it works for their schedules obviously).
8/17/2012 9:23:13 PM

premium
Originally posted by DalzAle
Originally posted by JK
Originally posted by JK

Light rail?

It would be pretty nice to have the light rail.

I guess I assumed having a bus was a must and didnít realize there wasnít one in 2007. Perhaps an optional consideration in the proposal and decide based on feedback?

Already received positive responses from Town Hall and Indeed (pending dates and assuming it works for their schedules obviously).

Decide whether and where to have the grand tasting, then decide where you want to go, then figure out how many people, and then decide how to get there. Just my opinion.

Of course, a venue might have a minimum or might want to know how many people, so play around with this as needed, but it just seems like the way to do it. We could just schedule Danís lawn right now, and no reservations, fees, or pants are required.
8/17/2012 9:48:28 PM

premium
tennisjoel 1154:32
I vote Danís lawn. Who else is in favor?
8/21/2012 10:37:16 AM

premium
MilkmanDan 1943:20

Me, totally. The opportunity to yell at that many people to get the hell off of it is something I simply could not pass up.

JK, as he is not currently posting on OT-M, is correct; the most difficult thing is finding the venue to allow us to drink on premises. The Normandy was very accommodating last time; IIRC, it was largely because theyíd just done some construction/were about to start it (canít recall which). I wound up talking to a number of hotels, and all said "no" with the exception of the Normandy.
8/21/2012 1:18:45 PM

premium
sthlm 1224:136
Originally posted by MilkmanDan

Me, totally. The opportunity to yell at that many people to get the hell off of it is something I simply could not pass up.

JK, as he is not currently posting on OT-M, is correct; the most difficult thing is finding the venue to allow us to drink on premises. The Normandy was very accommodating last time; IIRC, it was largely because theyíd just done some construction/were about to start it (canít recall which). I wound up talking to a number of hotels, and all said "no" with the exception of the Normandy.

I went to a wedding at a banquet hall in Grumpyís in Roseville where the venue was pretty nice. Drinking was obviously allowed, but I donít know how they would feel about outside alcohol. I also imagine people would either have to buy a certain amount of food/liquor from Grumpyís, or chip in money to rent the place. Like I said though, nice place, they had decent taps upstairs, and there are hotels next door.
8/21/2012 1:48:41 PM

premium
Originally posted by OSLO
Originally posted by MilkmanDan

I went to a wedding at a banquet hall in Grumpyís in Roseville where the venue was pretty nice. Drinking was obviously allowed, but I donít know how they would feel about outside alcohol. I also imagine people would either have to buy a certain amount of food/liquor from Grumpyís, or chip in money to rent the place. Like I said though, nice place, they had decent taps upstairs, and there are hotels next door.

Giveíem a call, Al. see if they are open to it.
8/21/2012 2:32:40 PM

Home > Forums > Minnesota

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers