RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Metros > Minnesota | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Ratebeer Summer Gathering 2013

read 9117 times • 163 replies • posted 8/17/2012 9:25:59 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17

premium
JK 4603:295
100 + buy dinner. so that is how they get to make some money. we could do a menu and charge 25 per person or something. they could make some cash.
8/21/2012 2:50:16 PM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
MilkmanDan 1943:20
Originally posted by JK
100 + buy dinner. so that is how they get to make some money. we could do a menu and charge 25 per person or something. they could make some cash.

Certainly feasible; Iím sure nobody would have a problem contributing.

Except Facto, of course.
8/21/2012 3:29:57 PM

premium
Originally posted by MilkmanDan
Originally posted by JK

Certainly feasible; Iím sure nobody would have a problem contributing.

Except Facto, of course.

No. No evite for facto.
8/21/2012 3:39:37 PM

premium
sthlm 1233:137
Originally posted by JK

Is that for Grumpyís? If so, they have different numbers on their website.
8/21/2012 6:09:02 PM

premium
MilkmanDan 1943:20
Originally posted by OSLO
Originally posted by JK

I think somebody talked to Happy Gnome for the earlier gathering, and they said we could use their upstairs, but it was for a very limited time. My guess is any number of restaurants and/or facilities would let you use a room, but the length of time is the potential issue. You clearly want to be able to (A) sit around really late and (B) have people stumble directly to a hotel room so nobody has to worry about driving.

Also, if this happens, I challenge Brad to get even drunker than last time, because that was really, really funny.
8/21/2012 6:12:45 PM

premium
Originally posted by MilkmanDan
Originally posted by OSLO
Originally posted by JK

I think somebody talked to Happy Gnome for the earlier gathering, and they said we could use their upstairs, but it was for a very limited time. My guess is any number of restaurants and/or facilities would let you use a room, but the length of time is the potential issue. You clearly want to be able to (A) sit around really late and (B) have people stumble directly to a hotel room so nobody has to worry about driving.

Also, if this happens, I challenge Brad to get even drunker than last time, because that was really, really funny.

Ah, I see. Well here is the website for the banquet halls for Grumpyís in Roseville. The issue is not about hours but rather a.)will they allow outside beer, and b.)price. It seems like they have a "bar alcove" which would accomodate 50, and would probably be the cheapest option. The Skybox seats 50, with 75 able to mingle. Would have to buy $800 worth of food and drinks collectively to be able to reserve the room for a Saturday evening/night.
8/21/2012 7:30:05 PM

premium
07 was around 115 people for the tasting, and it lasted from around 5 pm to 4,5,6 am, depending who you ask.
8/22/2012 6:49:47 AM

premium
Originally posted by JK
07 was around 115 people for the tasting, and it lasted from around 5 pm to 4,5,6 am, depending who you ask.

Wow, you got good turnout. The only RBSG Iíve been to was the one in Michigan a few years ago, and it didnít feel like anywhere near 100 people at the grand tasting. If you want to find another place thatíll let you stay there til 6am, then yeah, I think youíll definitely have limited options. If youíre okay with staying until bar closing hours, you should have a lot more choices.
8/22/2012 7:05:41 AM

premium
tennisjoel 1182:32
Originally posted by JK

This sounds fairly accurate as far as number. If I recall correctly, we had a surprisingly large turnout from the Florida crew.

My guess is that it could very well be a larger turnout next year due to the popularity of the site.
8/22/2012 7:23:45 AM

premium
My girlfriend is doing some event planning and she thinks the Jeune Lune might allow outside alcohol. I donít know what the venue space would cost.
9/8/2012 1:36:53 PM

Home > Forums > Minnesota

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers