RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Metros > Minnesota | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Ratebeer Summer Gathering 2013

read 8903 times • 163 replies • posted 8/17/2012 9:25:59 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17

DasBierChef 1083:5
If you include Lift Bridge, you could easily swing down through Hudson. I bet Casanovaís would be willing to throw together a tasting. Plus the very young American Sky Brewing there has a couple pretty solid beers available already.
9/24/2012 4:43:42 AM

Private message send the author a private message

JK 4349:271
Lots of helpful input here. Those who are not familiar with this even should understand it is likely to draw upwards of 100 people from across the midwest, the country, and likely internationally.

This is why I suggest including only the best Minnesota breweries, and why a liquor store tasting, compared to the Grand Tasting, might not be very attractive to visitors who are spending a lot of time and money to get here.
9/24/2012 11:38:04 AM

DalzAle 1941:13
These are two weekends Iíve been considering for next summer, anyone feel strongly about shooting for July vs. August?

July 18th-21st, 2013

August 22nd-25th, 2013

Iíve also been considering trying to nail down somewhere for good food the day after the grand tasting for those who stick around for Sunday. I really like the Triple Rock, but am open to suggestions.
9/24/2012 1:40:20 PM

premium
MatSciGuy 907:
We should try to schedule a get-together and hash out a rough plan and delegate tasks. Obviously Greg has taken the lead here in contacting brewers and breweries. John (and a few others) has the benefit of having attended (and organized?) the 2007 so heís familiar with the challenges and general expectations of the event, and a few (tyler_mn and mtjoseph in particular) are active on the site and have great connections in the industry.

Greg would you be up for organizing a night sometime in October for people to meet up? Maybe get together at the Indeed taproom or something?
9/24/2012 3:03:10 PM

Originally posted by MatSciGuy
We should try to schedule a get-together and hash out a rough plan and delegate tasks. Obviously Greg has taken the lead here in contacting brewers and breweries. John (and a few others) has the benefit of having attended (and organized?) the 2007 so heís familiar with the challenges and general expectations of the event, and a few (tyler_mn and mtjoseph in particular) are active on the site and have great connections in the industry.

Greg would you be up for organizing a night sometime in October for people to meet up? Maybe get together at the Indeed taproom or something?

Iíd be down for that. Iíve got a spreadsheet with a lot of the details (and my thoughts on an itinerary) going already and it would be great to delegate some of the tasks.
9/24/2012 3:56:05 PM

premium
CLevar 375:10
Delegate that stuff. Delegate hard!
9/24/2012 4:00:25 PM

burgy 455:15
Originally posted by CLevar
Originally posted by MatSciGuy
What do people typically do for food at the grand tasting? If we did it at Surly, maybe we could try to line up a food truck to show up for a little bit.

+1000000

Nate Dogís is legit! And does private catering!
10/1/2012 7:47:10 PM

premium
TheHOFF43 1704:105
Are we still looking at meeting at Indeed or something to discuss this in person? If we want to tie it in with a tasting of sorts I can discuss with my roommates about having it at my place...assuming everyone likes very large, friendly dogs?
10/1/2012 8:09:29 PM

burgy 455:15
Originally posted by CLevar
Delegate that stuff. Delegate hard!

I can help! I live in Minnetonka and would love to get involved in a RB meetup!
10/2/2012 7:17:05 PM

Originally posted by khoffman43
Are we still looking at meeting at Indeed or something to discuss this in person? If we want to tie it in with a tasting of sorts I can discuss with my roommates about having it at my place...assuming everyone likes very large, friendly dogs?

Iím up for something next week, what does everyoneís schedule look like?
10/3/2012 8:46:43 AM

Home > Forums > Minnesota

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers