RateBeer Summer Gathering 2014: Proposals and Voting

read 6580 times • 100 replies •

Thread Frozen

MacBoost
premium
beers 1541 º places 25 º 09:41 Mon 3/31/2014

sthlm
beers 1255 º places 145 º 09:41 Mon 3/31/2014

What do you mean by the "Your Zip Code (US) or Postal Code (Other)" requirement? If people are traveling, should they put down the zip code they are in at the time of voting, or their permanent zip code? If you do an IP trace for somebody that is traveling you obviously won’t get a match to their permanent address.

CheesedMan
beers 555 º places 12 º 09:49 Mon 3/31/2014

Originally posted by sthlm
What do you mean by the "Your Zip Code (US) or Postal Code (Other)" requirement? If people are traveling, should they put down the zip code they are in at the time of voting, or their permanent zip code? If you do an IP trace for somebody that is traveling you obviously won’t get a match to their permanent address.

I would bet they are looking for the zip code in your profile.

phaleslu
premium
beers 7670 º places 465 º 09:49 Mon 3/31/2014

Originally posted by phaleslu
If you go to "Edit Profile" you can see which email and zip code you’re registered under, to either change or confirm.

sthlm
beers 1255 º places 145 º 09:54 Mon 3/31/2014

Originally posted by CheesedMan
Originally posted by sthlm

I would bet they are looking for the zip code in your profile.

Ah, I see, the zip must be to apply penalties for being a local rather than tracing IPs then.

phaleslu
premium
beers 7670 º places 465 º 10:03 Mon 3/31/2014

There are no local penalties being applied. Same rules as with RBWG voting back in late October/early November.

DietPepsican
premium
beers 1534 º places 56 º 10:05 Mon 3/31/2014

Seattle would be awesome to visit but only chance I have of going is STL. Great job on both, should be fun for RB either way.

Prufrockstar
premium
beers 1528 º places 45 º 10:11 Mon 3/31/2014

Originally posted by StefanSD

I like the August dates for Seattle but their grand tasting is only three hours from 12noon to 3pm? Seems kinda short and awkward to me. Can we get a double-check on this?

Those are the times we preliminarily scheduled with Pike, but we can easily extend the grand tasting time and/or shift it a bit. Worst case scenario we would have to find another location, but that shouldn’t be a problem.

Part of the reason we scheduled our proposal to be in late August was to allow us added flexibility to make adjustments like this based on your input.

adnielsen
premium
beers 10138 º places 420 º 10:30 Mon 3/31/2014

I love Seattle, but wow, the St. Louis proposal really blew me away and sold me on voting for StL.

Frank
premium
beers 3471 º places 73 º 11:29 Mon 3/31/2014

Gotta go for STL myself. I’d like the excuse to travel out to Seattle since I’ve never been but I’ve never really been to STL either. From the itinerary and what I know about STL, it feels like you’d get a really good feel for the whole beer landscape there in just a few days. Seems like a great trip.