RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Site News | Beer Talk | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

RateBeer Summer Gathering 2014: Proposals and Voting

read 6087 times • 100 replies • posted 3/31/2014 6:47:29 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10

premium
MacBoost 1288:20
3/31/2014 9:41:23 AM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
sthlm 1231:136
What do you mean by the "Your Zip Code (US) or Postal Code (Other)" requirement? If people are traveling, should they put down the zip code they are in at the time of voting, or their permanent zip code? If you do an IP trace for somebody that is traveling you obviously won’t get a match to their permanent address.
3/31/2014 9:41:35 AM

premium
CheesedMan 555:12
Originally posted by sthlm
What do you mean by the "Your Zip Code (US) or Postal Code (Other)" requirement? If people are traveling, should they put down the zip code they are in at the time of voting, or their permanent zip code? If you do an IP trace for somebody that is traveling you obviously won’t get a match to their permanent address.

I would bet they are looking for the zip code in your profile.
3/31/2014 9:49:36 AM

premium
phaleslu 6554:404
Originally posted by phaleslu
If you go to "Edit Profile" you can see which email and zip code you’re registered under, to either change or confirm.
3/31/2014 9:49:57 AM

premium
sthlm 1231:136
Originally posted by CheesedMan
Originally posted by sthlm

I would bet they are looking for the zip code in your profile.

Ah, I see, the zip must be to apply penalties for being a local rather than tracing IPs then.
3/31/2014 9:54:49 AM

premium
phaleslu 6554:404
There are no local penalties being applied. Same rules as with RBWG voting back in late October/early November.
3/31/2014 10:03:18 AM

premium
pepsican 1447:46
Seattle would be awesome to visit but only chance I have of going is STL. Great job on both, should be fun for RB either way.
3/31/2014 10:05:19 AM

premium
Prufrockstar 980:30
Originally posted by StefanSD

I like the August dates for Seattle but their grand tasting is only three hours from 12noon to 3pm? Seems kinda short and awkward to me. Can we get a double-check on this?

Those are the times we preliminarily scheduled with Pike, but we can easily extend the grand tasting time and/or shift it a bit. Worst case scenario we would have to find another location, but that shouldn’t be a problem.

Part of the reason we scheduled our proposal to be in late August was to allow us added flexibility to make adjustments like this based on your input.
3/31/2014 10:11:12 AM

premium
adnielsen 9123:422
I love Seattle, but wow, the St. Louis proposal really blew me away and sold me on voting for StL.

3/31/2014 10:30:16 AM

premium
Frank 2888:54
Gotta go for STL myself. I’d like the excuse to travel out to Seattle since I’ve never been but I’ve never really been to STL either. From the itinerary and what I know about STL, it feels like you’d get a really good feel for the whole beer landscape there in just a few days. Seems like a great trip.
3/31/2014 11:29:45 AM

Home > Forums > Site News

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers