RateBeer Summer Gathering 2014 Thread

Reads 51806 • Replies 613 • Started Monday, April 7, 2014 6:41:54 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

phaleslu
admin
beers 16529 º places 792 º 19:11 Thu 4/10/2014

It’s summer. Weather should be nice. I’d imagine you’ll find some street curling pickup games going on. BYOB(rooms).

phaleslu
admin
beers 16529 º places 792 º 06:18 Fri 4/11/2014

I’m going to be traveling this weekend, so I can’t guarantee instant confirmation of RBSG reservations after 5:00 Eastern today until Sunday evening. Today, I’ll still be replying as soon as I get the reservation. Tonight, tomorrow, and Sunday, I’ll be checking in periodically to make confirmations as needed.

phaleslu
admin
beers 16529 º places 792 º 08:17 Fri 4/11/2014

One thing I forgot to mention: The A-B tour on Sunday (11:30) is free, but they do fill up in advance. If you are planning to stick around for it, let me know. It can be in your reservation, a separate message, this thread, wherever. I have a group reservation for 15, but can add if we hit that. No deadline, but the sooner I know, the better.

T. Hanks!

It’s a pretty cool tour, too. Nice, historic old buildings, some fun anecdotes. I haven’t been since they closed the hospitality room (for renovations) and added the Biergarten, but apparently instead of getting two free beers in the hospitality room, they currently give you one late on the tour, and a ticket for one in the Biergarten - if I understand correctly. The Biergarten also has 18 taps and a food menu.

Keir
beers 183 º places 1 º 05:27 Sun 4/13/2014

All the breweries I’ve spoken to since we won are really excited and the enthusiasm is going to make for a great weekend. Local chatter has been pretty intense, so don’t delay in buying a bottle package. Every indication is that whatever bottle packages remain will go quickly.

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 10:13 Mon 4/14/2014

Wish I could go on the tour, but I think with my flight being at 2pm on Sunday, that would be cutting it a little bit too close.

Maybe I’ll have to just try to make it to the AB Biergarten at some other point during the trip.

Frank
beers 4561 º places 92 º 10:19 Mon 4/14/2014

Count me in on the AB tour. I even booked a later train so I could make sure to make it. The possibility of draft Kind Cobar is too much to ignore.

phaleslu
admin
beers 16529 º places 792 º 11:19 Mon 4/14/2014

Originally posted by Keir
All the breweries I’ve spoken to since we won are really excited and the enthusiasm is going to make for a great weekend. Local chatter has been pretty intense, so don’t delay in buying a bottle package. Every indication is that whatever bottle packages remain will go quickly.

Keir’s point is a good one. There has been a lot of local interest. If you’re traveling and want to guarantee package availability, order before the 24th.

If you have any specific questions, don’t hesitate to shoot me a message. Or just post here.

Keir’s first point (not in bold) is also legit. The STL breweries are very, very excited for the chance to showcase their stuff to a larger audience. The fact that the locals are interested says a lot.

RABinCO
beers 1511 º places 103 º 11:23 Mon 4/14/2014

Sneak peek @ what will be the crown jewel(s) of the Grand Tasting.

Keir
beers 183 º places 1 º 12:18 Mon 4/14/2014

Originally posted by RABinVA

AB is providing fountains of each at the GT. You’re welcome!

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 14:43 Mon 4/14/2014

Originally posted by Keir
Originally posted by RABinVA

AB is providing fountains of each at the GT. You’re welcome!

Buckets of Eagle snacks and a fountain of liquid cheese? Can AB hook us up?

*Don’t forget to get those tax returns in on April 15th kids. My refund is paying for my RBSG trip.