RateBeer Summer Gathering 2015: A Call For Proposals

Reads 12954 • Replies 152 • Started Tuesday, March 10, 2015 8:42:46 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 09:21 Wed 3/11/2015

Originally posted by TheHOFF43
Chicago would be chill for a variety of reasons. Cheap flights for a lot of people. Drivable for a lot of people. Tons of breweries that I assume are in close proximity.

Chicago I would probably go to. The rest of the these goofball ideas? Maybe.

Something that close to my home area would be a good excuse for me to visit. Mrs. Owl could visit family and I could RBSG it up. Otherwise I typically won’t travel that far.

Travlr
beers 33863 º places 4576 º 09:36 Wed 3/11/2015

Originally posted by drowland
Chicago would be chill for a variety of reasons. Cheap flights for a lot of people. Drivable for a lot of people. Tons of breweries that I assume are in close proximity.

Chicago I would probably go to. The rest of the these goofball ideas? Maybe.

Something that close to my home area would be a good excuse for me to visit. Mrs. Owl could visit family and I could RBSG it up. Otherwise I typically won’t travel that far.
That’s Mrs. Dr. Owl, btw.

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 09:44 Wed 3/11/2015

I’m overdue for a Chicago visit. Can some Chicago bros do this? Thanks in advance...

Keir
beers 183 º places 1 º 10:21 Wed 3/11/2015

For those thinking further into the future, like 2017, please consult this map and schedule and take these places and times into consideration:

http://xjubier.free.fr/en/site_pages/solar_eclipses/TSE_2017_GoogleMapFull.html

http://www.eclipse2017.org/2017/path_through_the_US.htm

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 10:35 Wed 3/11/2015

I’m overdue for a Chicago visit. Can some Chicago bros do this? Thanks in advance...

I agree with Kyle. I am in Chicago often and have barely scratched the surface on the beer scene. Can’t keep up.

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 10:40 Wed 3/11/2015

TheAlum should get his shit together and organize RBSG.

However I have an intense hatred of OHare airport and might boycott on that fact alone.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 10:40 Wed 3/11/2015

Originally posted by pepsican

I agree with Kyle. I am in Chicago often and have barely scratched the surface on the beer scene. Can’t keep up.

Well, Kyle and Andy, you are both welcome to visit any time.

However, Kyle and Andy, I think there is a lack of a local active group nowadays (as well as people that have the time/desire to put such an event on in the first place) that would be able to put together said event.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 10:41 Wed 3/11/2015

Originally posted by brokensail
TheAlum should get his shit together and organize RBSG.

If Monday was a person, Andrew.

CLevar
places 23 º 10:45 Wed 3/11/2015

Originally posted by TheAlum
Originally posted by pepsican

Well, Kyle and Andy, you are both welcome to visit any time.

However, Kyle and Andy, I think there is a lack of a local active group nowadays (as well as people that have the time/desire to put such an event on in the first place) that would be able to put together said event.

Adam, could you perhaps not rain on Kyle and Andy’s parade?

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 11:07 Wed 3/11/2015

Bottle share at three floyds. Bottle share at goose island. Order a bus and go to 10 random breweries and share bottles. Done. Easy.