RateBeer Summer Gathering 2015 Thread

Reads 21238 • Replies 282 • Started Monday, April 20, 2015 11:11:28 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

beastiefan2k
beers 5012 º places 294 º 23:20 Sun 6/21/2015

Originally posted by BuckeyeBoy
One more reason why this community is world class.

agreed.

Thanks to the hosts, you definitely took on the toughest toll of the gathering.

The food from Lardo was awesome.

A big for HotD, the most welcoming, humble, and warm brewery I have been to.

Thanks to all the generous beer people sharing their wares. Great to see people I have met before and new ones.

I am sorry to hear bottles were opened without owner’s consent. I think there was some confusion about bottles that were on the tables. No one opened anything out of my cooler in the fridge (but maybe my beer was dull?).

Portland is an awesome city, I say it hosts an annual gathering.

hannont
beers 2 º places 7 º 00:02 Mon 6/22/2015

Did anyone happen to end up with a kindle that doesnt belong to them? One of the folks who was attending left/lost it. It was last seen over by the forklift. If you know anything, Please let me know. Thanks!

dgs1300
beers 2 º places 5 º 00:15 Mon 6/22/2015

It was such a treat to hang out with this bunch. Thanks for the good times. I worked the Beer & Cheese Festival at the Commons today, part of my give-back (ha! I scarfed down a bunch of great cheese and beer). I’ll be calling at Lardo one of these days for one of those ridiculously tasty sammies too.

BuckeyeBoy
beers 17521 º places 275 º 00:29 Mon 6/22/2015

Well Dave is only sold in a 11.5oz bottle so you would have to buy 2 of them for a full pint.

Gription79
beers 2892 º places 53 º 11:24 Mon 6/22/2015

Thanks to the Portland crew for making this happen. Me and Bonnie had a great time and are looking forward to other gatherings. Bonnie says thanks for making her feel so welcomed and beer people are the best people.

DrZeis
16:14 Mon 6/22/2015

I also had a wonderful time. It was great meeting many of you, and an honor to share all those incredible bottles with such a nice community. Hope to get the chance to see you guys again soon.
Thank you so much, Todd, Doug, and Luke.

Marcelo

Prufrockstar
beers 2132 º places 83 º 02:16 Tue 6/23/2015

Thanks to the PDX crew for putting on such a fun event. It was cool to meet and drink with everybody.

Thanks also to all of the businesses for hosting us. Tours at Breakside and Gigantic were fun. The Commons was a great place for the grand tasting, and the food from Lardo was delicious. HotD deserves a special shout out for being so cool (opening early, showing us around back, and providing free beers, including a beautiful Jereboam of Fred batch 30).

Looking forward to the next time I get to bend elbows with you folks again!

GothGargoyle
beers 2587 º places 17 º 09:42 Tue 6/23/2015

Had a great time at the tasting, even though I turned up half way through. There were some great beers but really it was the great people that made it worthwhile for me.

Unfortunately my memory for names is shit and I’ve forgotten the names and/or RB handles of everyone I met ;(

Special thanks to the organizers and double special thanks to Todd who always makes me feel so welcome.

bytemesis
beers 15308 º places 1595 º 10:34 Tue 6/23/2015

Originally posted by BuckeyeBoy
Well Dave is only sold in a 11.5oz bottle so you would have to buy 2 of them for a full pint.

The world’s only $4000 pint of beer...

hayduke
beers 6098 º places 23 º 12:59 Tue 6/23/2015

I have read the comments above and have to say I can see everyone had a great time. I know I sure did. Todd, Luke, and Doug seemed to have done the heavy lifting to make this come off so smoothly and I can not thank them enough. It was the beer experience of a lifetime, and was made even more special by the great group that came and the new friends I made. I so enjoyed meeting you all.

Ron from Eureka