Ratebeer summer gathering kickoff thread

Reads 7662 • Replies 108 • Started Tuesday, August 14, 2012 6:18:28 PM CT

Thread Frozen
 
jtclockwork
beers 13527 º places 380 º 20:25 Tue 8/14/2012

How about Asheville?

 
notalush
beers 5672 º places 388 º 20:32 Tue 8/14/2012

Originally posted by jtclockwork
How about Asheville?


This has been suggested in the past and, for some reason, people shat all over the idea.

 
notalush
beers 5672 º places 388 º 20:38 Tue 8/14/2012

I have often wondered why Denver/Colorado has never considered it. The argument is that "everyone comes here for GABF," but Iím not so sure that is a good enough reason to avoid considering a summer gathering here. Thoughts?

 
StFun
beers 567 º places 11 º 20:55 Tue 8/14/2012

Iím really digging the MN idea. I love that place. Get to work, Greg.

 
DaSilky1
beers 2606 º places 66 º 21:04 Tue 8/14/2012

Rbsg 2013 has already been decided, its in denver/boulder and mj is putting together the itinerary right now. So, donít bother with your piece of shit other proposals that just copy the same crap that has happened at all past rbsgís, because this shit needs to change, and this one will change it all. Weíre talking a grand tasting consisting of a camp out in the boulder wilderness with tents and fires and shit...not in a stupid fucking warehouse with all you sweaty fat fucks dripping your sweat on people, drinking your special beers that make you feel cool for bringing them to the party blah blah blah...time to step it this shit up to a level that isnít played the fuck out by you nerds!

 
StFun
beers 567 º places 11 º 22:13 Tue 8/14/2012

Originally posted by DaSilky1
Rbsg 2013 has already been decided, its in denver/boulder and mj is putting together the itinerary right now. So, donít bother with your piece of shit other proposals that just copy the same crap that has happened at all past rbsgís, because this shit needs to change, and this one will change it all. Weíre talking a grand tasting consisting of a camp out in the boulder wilderness with tents and fires and shit...not in a stupid fucking warehouse with all you sweaty fat fucks dripping your sweat on people, drinking your special beers that make you feel cool for bringing them to the party blah blah blah...time to step it this shit up to a level that isnít played the fuck out by you nerds!



So is this just a ploy to befriend some more skunks and wildlife and shit?

 
notalush
beers 5672 º places 388 º 22:14 Tue 8/14/2012

Originally posted by DaSilky1
Rbsg 2013 has already been decided, its in denver/boulder and mj is putting together the itinerary right now. So, donít bother with your piece of shit other proposals that just copy the same crap that has happened at all past rbsgís, because this shit needs to change, and this one will change it all. Weíre talking a grand tasting consisting of a camp out in the boulder wilderness with tents and fires and shit...not in a stupid fucking warehouse with all you sweaty fat fucks dripping your sweat on people, drinking your special beers that make you feel cool for bringing them to the party blah blah blah...time to step it this shit up to a level that isnít played the fuck out by you nerds!


Iím all for this, but letís take it a step further. Grand tasting near the summit of a 14er, bitches!

 
Drake
beers 11500 º places 669 º 22:20 Tue 8/14/2012

Originally posted by notalush
Originally posted by jtclockwork
How about Asheville?


This has been suggested in the past and, for some reason, people shat all over the idea.


Because people think that going more than 5 miles from a major airport is some sort of ordeal.

Asheville needs a gathering at some point, even if only the dedicated make it there. I can see an argument for waiting until 2014 or so to wait for Oskar Blues, Sierra Nevada and New Belgium to come in, or to do it earlier before all the big guys get in.

 
jtclockwork
beers 13527 º places 380 º 22:29 Tue 8/14/2012

How about New York City with bus trips to Captain Lawrence, Southampton, Brooklyn, Sixpoint etc? Hopefully, Spider Bite will have itís place by then and I think it is going to be right next to Blind Bat.

 
DalzAle
beers 2020 º places 13 º 08:17 Fri 8/17/2012

Originally posted by StFun
Iím really digging the MN idea. I love that place. Get to work, Greg.


Working on it...