RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Travel | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Ratebeer summer gathering kickoff thread

read 6862 times • 108 replies • posted 8/14/2012 6:18:28 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11

premium
StFun 567:11
Originally posted by miketd
Cleveland could definitely do it; we have more than enough stuff to fill a long weekend, and we compare favorably to most anything mentioned. With that said, I donít think anyone is going to try setting anything up.

Now is the time to step up to the plate, man!
8/20/2012 3:46:39 PM

Private message send the author a private message

miketd 125
Originally posted by StFun
Originally posted by miketd
Cleveland could definitely do it; we have more than enough stuff to fill a long weekend, and we compare favorably to most anything mentioned. With that said, I donít think anyone is going to try setting anything up.

Now is the time to step up to the plate, man!

Not a chance. I donít have the time or patience to deal with the ignorance and misinformation regarding the area.
8/20/2012 4:14:18 PM

notalush 4766:327
Originally posted by 3fourths
Originally posted by phaleslu
So we know Minneapolis is putting a bid together. Anyone else throwing their hat in the ring for sure?

boulder most likely. just need to know the submission deadline.

Let me know if you want help with this.
8/20/2012 5:55:40 PM

DalzAle 1944:13
So I have a RBSG question for those of you who have been a part of it before. Whatís the average number of breweries on the usual schedule?

Any input is appreciated.
9/20/2012 8:28:59 PM

premium
Drake 8030:465
Originally posted by DalzAle
So I have a RBSG question for those of you who have been a part of it before. Whatís the average number of breweries on the usual schedule?

Any input is appreciated.

Iíve been to only one. RBSG 2010.

Dark Horse and Bellís were a bus trip.

Founders and HopCat were the downtown brewery stops. There were more breweries in town (less than there are now) but I donít think they were on the official itinerary. There was a Sunday brunch somewhere I didnít take part it, so that may have been at one.
9/20/2012 9:50:57 PM

premium
Terminus 3216:333
phaleslu, lets put a bit in for St Louis. I will help you put it together.
9/20/2012 10:01:41 PM

premium
decaturstevo 4869:127
seems like this thread has slipped into the shadows of the RBWG thread any progress on a date and site or proposals for this event? just curiouscheerstevo
10/25/2012 5:55:37 PM

DalzAle 1944:13
Originally posted by decaturstevo
seems like this thread has slipped into the shadows of the RBWG thread any progress on a date and site or proposals for this event? just curiouscheerstevo

From a Mpls perspective, I have the following breweries confirmed as being interested in participating (assuming the TBD dates work for them obviously).
Indeed
Northbound
Fulton
Town Hall
Surly (Omar has also agreed to let us hold the grand tasting here)

I still need to work out the final details and schedule, but tentatively leaning to a Thurs through Sun in late July or late August 2013.
10/26/2012 11:58:39 AM

premium
pepsican 1438:46
If itís in Minnesnowta we should hold the grand tasting on milkmandans lawn.
10/26/2012 12:01:37 PM

premium
GT2 8176:564
Originally posted by DaSilky1
Rbsg 2013 has already been decided, its in denver/boulder and mj is putting together the itinerary right now. So, donít bother with your piece of shit other proposals that just copy the same crap that has happened at all past rbsgís, because this shit needs to change, and this one will change it all. Weíre talking a grand tasting consisting of a camp out in the boulder wilderness with tents and fires and shit...not in a stupid fucking warehouse with all you sweaty fat fucks dripping your sweat on people, drinking your special beers that make you feel cool for bringing them to the party blah blah blah...time to step it this shit up to a level that isnít played the fuck out by you nerds!

The only problem with this is that MJ will already be íoverí RBSG before it begins, have a secret mini-RSBG in his backyard with DaSilky1 only, and we will all be wondering what the fuck just happened.
10/26/2012 12:10:25 PM

Home > Forums > Beer Travel

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers