RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Travel | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Ratebeer winter gathering kickoff thread

read 8560 times • 157 replies • posted 8/14/2012 6:17:37 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16

premium
drowland 5981:172
Just throwing it out there that Jacksonville, FL and people with Jacksonville connections are in fact going to put together a proposal.

Obviously nothing is official yet, but after a few talks with people, we have pre-lim ideas for Thurs night-Saturday. It will hopefully and ideally involve dinners, tastings, a bus tour, beach time, special one-offs, and of course - THE GRAND TASTING!

Stevo - we’re planning on March if that helps. We can’t nail down a date for sure without more talking with the breweries, etc.

...and you had better be there! It was great chatting with you in Texas!

We have connections with and plan to include:

Kickbacks
Intuition
Bold City
Brewer’s Pizza/Pinglehead
Green Room
Engine 15
Seven Bridges
Aardwolf (not yet open)

...and probably more!

Cheers!

8/27/2012 3:44:20 PM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
Cletus 6354:233
Originally posted by miketd
Originally posted by Cletus
New Orleans, Las Vegas, Santa Fe and SLC would all be great winter places for a beer gathering. The question is whether or not anyone is willing to actually organize something in any of these areas.

I’d love to actually make it to one of these. President’s week would be ideal for a gathering for people who don’t get a choice on vacation time and also for people who have families. Unfortunately, these events are usually planned at random times of the year that tend to favor the under 30 and single crowd. That’s cool.

Michigan would absolutely suck for a winter gathering. If y’all are shooting for a good incredibly cold place, Montreal would be much more doable than Michigan and has a good beer scene (except for Sundays).

I probably won’t be able to go no matter where this is, but you do realize Santa Fe, Albuquerque and SLC can be incredibly cold and snowy in the Winter, right? Santa Fe has an elevation of 7000 ft and is a ski destination.

I would rather be in NM or SLC rather than MI any time of year, but they do get chilly!

The skiing would be a selling point, wouldn’t it?
8/27/2012 4:33:51 PM

miketd 125
Originally posted by miketd
New Orleans, Las Vegas, Santa Fe and SLC would all be great winter places for a beer gathering. The question is whether or not anyone is willing to actually organize something in any of these areas.

I’d love to actually make it to one of these. President’s week would be ideal for a gathering for people who don’t get a choice on vacation time and also for people who have families. Unfortunately, these events are usually planned at random times of the year that tend to favor the under 30 and single crowd. That’s cool.

Michigan would absolutely suck for a winter gathering. If y’all are shooting for a good incredibly cold place, Montreal would be much more doable than Michigan and has a good beer scene (except for Sundays).

I probably won’t be able to go no matter where this is, but you do realize Santa Fe, Albuquerque and SLC can be incredibly cold and snowy in the Winter, right? Santa Fe has an elevation of 7000 ft and is a ski destination.

I would rather be in NM or SLC rather than MI any time of year, but they do get chilly!

The skiing would be a selling point, wouldn’t it?

Haha, I hope not. Ever try to ski drunk?

Like I said, great areas, but if you want to avoid the cold - those are not the cities to be in.
8/27/2012 4:49:31 PM

premium
decaturstevo 4958:129
Originally posted by drowland
Just throwing it out there that Jacksonville, FL and people with Jacksonville connections are in fact going to put together a proposal.

Obviously nothing is official yet, but after a few talks with people, we have pre-lim ideas for Thurs night-Saturday. It will hopefully and ideally involve dinners, tastings, a bus tour, beach time, special one-offs, and of course - THE GRAND TASTING!

Stevo - we’re planning on March if that helps. We can’t nail down a date for sure without more talking with the breweries, etc.

...and you had better be there! It was great chatting with you in Texas!

We have connections with and plan to include:

Kickbacks
Intuition
Bold City
Brewer’s Pizza/Pinglehead
Green Room
Engine 15
Seven Bridges
Aardwolf (not yet open)

...and probably more!

Cheers!

count on itcheerstevo
8/27/2012 6:01:25 PM

premium
ICEatALAMO 913:16

Where does the Michigan hate come from? And why is Montreal more doable than MI? MI is the great beer state you know. I think a Winter Gathering during the Winter Beer Fest would be absolutely awesome. It is my favorite festival to go to. I hope someone puts together a proposal for it.
8/27/2012 6:04:59 PM

premium
Cletus 6354:233
Originally posted by ICEatALAMO

Where does the Michigan hate come from? And why is Montreal more doable than MI? MI is the great beer state you know. I think a Winter Gathering during the Winter Beer Fest would be absolutely awesome. It is my favorite festival to go to. I hope someone puts together a proposal for it.

Michigan would be great for a summer gathering and is an excellent beer state. The hate comes from being in Michigan in the winter.
8/28/2012 2:06:57 PM

premium
<25 years of cold weather was enough
8/28/2012 3:37:36 PM

premium
That was meant to be pointing to me, not a less than sign.
8/28/2012 3:39:23 PM

Unclerudy 12:3
Originally posted by mikem409
michigan winters are not at all bad. i shoveld only 2 times last winter!

+1
8/28/2012 3:43:03 PM

premium
t0rin0 62:1315
Originally posted by ICEatALAMO
And why is Montreal more doable than MI?
Montreal has a nicer ass.
8/28/2012 3:48:32 PM

Home > Forums > Beer Travel

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback