RateBeer

Ratebeer winter gathering kickoff thread

read 9101 times • 157 replies •

Thread Frozen

decaturstevo
premium
beers 5487 º places 155 º 08:35 Sun 8/26/2012

When it comes down to proposals will they include a most likely date? If extensive travel is required it helps to know the date as far in advance as possible and the date might influence the voting. cheerstevo

drowland
premium
beers 7051 º places 216 º 09:11 Sun 8/26/2012

Anyone brewing up proposals?

brokensail
premium
beers 13596 º places 1129 º 10:12 Sun 8/26/2012

Originally posted by Fratto
What is cornhole/bags?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornhole

brokensail
premium
beers 13596 º places 1129 º 10:13 Sun 8/26/2012

Originally posted by decaturstevo
When it comes down to proposals will they include a most likely date? If extensive travel is required it helps to know the date as far in advance as possible and the date might influence the voting. cheerstevo

In my brief experience, dates are included. The breweries/bars involved would most likely want to have these things on their calendars well in advance, as well as making it possible for those traveling to the event to be able to plan accordingly.

northernbrews
beers 25 º places 14 º 13:04 Sun 8/26/2012

Originally posted by Beerlando
My back yard again, a-la the very informal RBWG 2009 (aka Chunk & Patriotís Lick-Yo-Face-Off Throwdown)?

Highlights from that tasting:

- The first mass consumption and rating of Purple Possum Habanero Mead
- My Boston Terrier Patriot repeatedly face-raping mgumby10 and other participants
- Dickinsonbeer homebrew aplenty
- Some of the very first batches of CCB stuff, growlered by Degarth himself
- Northernbrews out-drinking EVERYONE....how he was still coherent at the end of the night, I have no idea

Iím ready for another round :) Next time I come down Iím definitely booking a later flight home though....only getting about 3 hours of sleep after drinking hard for 15+ hours was a little rough!

drowland
premium
beers 7051 º places 216 º 13:14 Sun 8/26/2012

I can write a Jax proposal but I donít know that anyone would be interested, especially if Orlando or Tampa are in the running.

jcwattsrugger
premium
beers 11585 º places 2 º 18:35 Sun 8/26/2012

Originally posted by drowland
I can write a Jax proposal but I donít know that anyone would be interested, especially if Orlando or Tampa are in the running.

DR Owland -
JAX now has a great scene and there isnt a proposal from anyone yet including those 2 towns :-)

cheers john

Drake
premium
beers 10689 º places 573 º 18:39 Sun 8/26/2012

Originally posted by jcwattsrugger
Originally posted by drowland

DR Owland -
JAX now has a great scene and there isnt a proposal from anyone yet including those 2 towns :-)

cheers john

Iíll echo that. Thereís always SOME enthusiasm from a lot of cities, but very few actually submit proposals. So work on a proposal and at the very worst, youíll have a great template for future events.

drowland
premium
beers 7051 º places 216 º 19:41 Sun 8/26/2012

Very busy but Iíll get on it!

drowland
premium
beers 7051 º places 216 º 19:49 Sun 8/26/2012

The Southeast Regional Tuba Euphonium Conference is March 15-16 in Jax. WHO WANTS TO COORDINATE?!