RateBeer’s Best 2014

Reads 6944 • Replies 79 • Started Wednesday, January 21, 2015 8:51:22 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Inbreak
beers 9949 º 19:33 Wed 1/21/2015

Originally posted by Leighton
Originally posted by Inbreak
Best new brewery #10; 7 Fjell:
"solid and tasteful"

That statement is probably on my top 5 list of the biggest bullshit I’ve EVER heard. I’ve had almost all their beers, and there is not even ONE of them I’d EVER try again. All beers are either damn freakin’ boring og crap all the way....

A cursory scroll through some of the ratings for this brewery reveals that your opinion is somewhat in the minority. But of course, you are entitled to it.

But off course, if you like a hoppy profile that screams old, harsh and bad all the way, even when blood fresh, then you might as well just put them as number one. That’s the red line in almost all the brews. It’s so industry boring, even the industry breweries has more interesting beers.....

borre_m
beers 2496 º places 54 º 01:47 Thu 1/22/2015

Well deserved to Lindheim. Lots of exciting and good beers.

2 breweries from Norway is also impressive.

Lowenbrau
beers 5865 º places 432 º 08:07 Thu 1/22/2015

Edge Brewing top new brewery 2014???
I only had 3 of their beers, they were ok, but nothing remarkable. I´m afraid this is just another case of overrating, since spanish modern beer drinkers seem to love only american styled beers.

Clownoisseur
beers 531 º places 1 º 09:39 Thu 1/22/2015

My favorite list is out today - Best Brewer, Beer, New Brewer by Subregion: http://www.ratebeer.com/RateBeerBest/BestBeers-State2015xx.asp

_angst_
beers 5019 º places 97 º 10:01 Thu 1/22/2015

Originally posted by Clownoisseur
My favorite list is out today - Best Brewer, Beer, New Brewer by Subregion: http://www.ratebeer.com/RateBeerBest/BestBeers-State2015xx.asp

It’s a pity there aren’t sub-regions in more countries :)

AdamChandler
beers 6124 º places 278 º 10:06 Thu 1/22/2015

Some of my personal favorite beers of 2014 made the list:
Anchorage A Deal With The Devil Barleywine
New England Gandhi-Bot Double IPA
Cigar City Hunahpu’s Imperial Stout - Double Barrel Aged
Toppling Goliath Kentucky Brunch
Surly Abrasive Ale
Jester King Atrial Rubicite
Fremont Kentucky Dark Star
Dieu du Ciel Péché Mortel

Amazingly, I’ve had probably 45 of the 50 top state beers in USA. Surprised by that fact but great beer list for sure.

andrepintado
beers 3998 º places 125 º 10:25 Thu 1/22/2015

Originally posted by _angst_
Originally posted by Clownoisseur

It’s a pity there aren’t sub-regions in more countries :)

+1

Belgium could easily make the list.

Would be fun to have spain, france or czech republic.

Lowenbrau
beers 5865 º places 432 º 13:31 Thu 1/22/2015

Originally posted by andrepintado
Would be fun to have spain, france or czech republic.

And Portugal, of course...

yngwie
beers 22205 º places 393 º 15:48 Thu 1/22/2015

Originally posted by Inbreak
Best new brewery #10; 7 Fjell:
"solid and tasteful"

That statement is probably on my top 5 list of the biggest bullshit I’ve EVER heard. I’ve had almost all their beers, and there is not even ONE of them I’d EVER try again. All beers are either damn freakin’ boring og crap all the way....

My words Inbreak :-) And I’m proud to be on your top 5 bullshit list!
Most of Norway know you don’t like them, and of course your entitled to your opinion, but as most people seem to really enjoy their beers they made it to the list.

Cheers!

Prufrockstar
beers 2132 º places 83 º 18:34 Thu 1/22/2015

How does washington not have a "best new brewery" entry? What’s the requirement to be considered? There are a bunch of WA breweries that opened this year -- did nobody get enough rakes to count?