Rating your own business

Reads 2427 • Replies 27 • Started Thursday, July 3, 2014 8:59:03 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

russellcrow
places 4 º 08:59 Thu 7/3/2014

Not sure who I talk to or where I post about it and since the people in KC on rate beer don’t really exist but Mike’s Waldo location appears to have 4 reviews, and I am pretty sure 3 of them are employees. One name is actually waldomike the other kcmainst I am 75% sure is the old manager of Berbiglia Main St that works at Mikes now and the other one only created an account to write a review of Mikes.

http://www.ratebeer.com/p/mikes-wine-and-spirits-waldo/16274/

At the very least the waldomike review needs to be removed, just to have less unbiased reviews

Please delete the thread if in wrong place or this is just going to cause more problems then its worth.

Thanks

b3shine
beers 12183 º places 372 º 09:10 Thu 7/3/2014

Only 4? Check out all of the one-rate wonders for Sergio’s in Louisville.

GT
beers 10001 º places 672 º 10:16 Thu 7/3/2014

If you see this type of thing, go to the page in question and at the bottom of the page hit Contact/Feedback and it will start a ticket with the admins to look into something.

Business ratings themselves is one of the things that will be deleted. As for the people with only one place rate and rating something 100 or so, it’s tricky because they can’t really be deleted unless you can show they are employees. That’s my understanding.

phaleslu
admin
beers 16531 º places 792 º 10:27 Thu 7/3/2014

There are tons of these, unfortunately. I wish we’d do something about them.

cheap
beers 8840 º places 327 º 14:15 Thu 7/3/2014

The ones that PMO are the raters of places, who only have one rating, who only signed on one time, with no beer ratings, and then slam the place they’re rating. They got a personal ax to grind. WTF?

GT
beers 10001 º places 672 º 14:59 Thu 7/3/2014

Originally posted by cheap
The ones that PMO are the raters of places, who only have one rating, who only signed on one time, with no beer ratings, and then slam the place they’re rating. They got a personal ax to grind. WTF?

This stuff happens with Yelp. People won’t be coaxed to create an account and spend the time to write a review unless they are really happy or really pissed.

Which is why Yelp doesn’t allow you to tick places. They know that this will simply flood their database with 1-stars and 5-stars and ruin everything.

This is what happens with Untappd and BeerAdvocate. Since you can tick to score, anyone can log in with zero understanding of beer and just dish out 1’s and 5’s.

This makes them both useless for score analytics. There can never beer a BA Best or Untappd Best.

DrSilverworm
beers 11383 º places 123 º 15:57 Thu 7/3/2014

Place ratings should not count if you have less than 10 place ratings, if this isn’t the case already. Easy way to alleviate this problem.

As far as the thread title, I rated my place of work about a year before I was employed there, and haven’t adjusted my scores since... Hopefully that is kosher. I have mentioned this a few times in similar threads.

Brigadier
beers 4930 º places 334 º 16:35 Thu 7/3/2014

Originally posted by b3shine

Looking at the reviews for Sergio’s is great entertainment. It makes me wonder if he looks at Ratebeer and has people add more entries whenever it gets another less than perfect review.

b3shine
beers 12183 º places 372 º 16:50 Thu 7/3/2014

Originally posted by Brigadier
Originally posted by b3shine

Looking at the reviews for Sergio’s is great entertainment. It makes me wonder if he looks at Ratebeer and has people add more entries whenever it gets another less than perfect review.

There’s more to it than just that, Nathan. My original review of Sergio’s was deleted without any notification or explanation, and only an admin can do that as far as I know. That’s why my current review says what it does. Sergio is in bed with someone in a position of authority on this site...

Homer321
beers 5369 º places 54 º 17:26 Thu 7/3/2014

Originally posted by DrSilverworm
Place ratings should not count if you have less than 10 place ratings

This, this, and more of this!

rpattinson
beers 84 º 05:19 Sun 7/6/2014

When I got involved in creating commercial beers I stopped rating beers. Not that I’d done many before, but it didn’t seem right when I had a cock in the fight.