RBAG 2012.1

Reads 3162 • Replies 90 • Started Tuesday, July 23, 2013 7:55:11 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

pintbypint
beers 4327 º places 35 º 12:10 Sat 8/3/2013

Ok, so it’s bring anything you want, not just IPAs. Got it!

Ferfie
12:23 Sat 8/3/2013

I haven’t made any formal arrangements, so no head count ATM, but I am almost positive at least 3 will be in attendance. That said, "my house" is/was always on the table, so no worries there.

Also, jealous of the BCS breakfast - just saying.

DuffMan
beers 10981 º places 349 º 14:45 Sat 8/3/2013

Originally posted by Hoser
http://www.ratebeer.com/event/20623/hill-farmstead-festival-of-farmhouse-ales/

Thanks Mike! That event would be a dream come true! Unfortunately we fly out that day. If I didn’t have my family to consider, I would pay to change my flight home in order to make it-- such an amazing event!

Ferfie
16:21 Sat 8/3/2013

Oh also, I’ve only heard speak of the legend that is Duffman’s hospitality. That said, it would be a let down for all of us if you expected me to live up to that level of accommodation. However, if you’re interested in the smoothest of jazz and a rooved-deck, then I’ve got you covered.

Also I have a dog. She’s old, and tame (barks a lot), but the allergy-ridden types might take offense...

CapFlu
beers 5136 º places 238 º 19:53 Sat 8/3/2013

Alberta agents are really at the fore-front of Canada’s importing and licensing. I wish we could find Hill Farmstead in BC.

Hoser
beers 388 º places 178 º 20:37 Sat 8/3/2013

Originally posted by CapFlu
Alberta agents are really at the fore-front of Canada’s importing and licensing. I wish we could find Hill Farmstead in BC.

Sorry Todd, there is no Hill Farmstead being imported to Alberta unless my and Tony’s luggage counts. Speaking of Vermont, Alberta will be getting an Alchemist/Dieu du Ciel beer in the new year though and there was a DdC/Hill Farmstead sour we had here for a take over the tap event last November. Think National here in Calgary got that keg.

Le Trou du Diable has done some brewing with Mr. Hill, looking forward to what comes out of that.

Ferris
beers 23108 º places 1878 º 22:54 Sat 8/3/2013

So those at the last RBAG who were questioning Lost Abbey, I just came from the brewery and was a bit let down. It seems the hype is pushed locally and tends to be the anti-stone crowd. I will bring back some aged stuff, but I don’t have high hopes.

Also Hoser, thanks for the special ddc beers, that was cool for you to donate. Will we be getting the ddc lips of faith colab?

pintbypint
beers 4327 º places 35 º 13:12 Tue 8/6/2013

So do we have a time and place nailed down yet?

Torontoblue
beers 104 º places 44 º 13:33 Tue 8/6/2013

I have room in the car for 3, if anyone needs a ride, as I am assuming it’s gonna be at Ferfie’s?

CapFlu
beers 5136 º places 238 º 14:19 Tue 8/6/2013

I see on Twitter that you in AB are about to get Upright beers. Enjoy!