RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Metros > Western Canada | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

RBAG pt.2 + Home Brew Gala

read 11082 times • 276 replies • posted 2/13/2012 9:40:23 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28

premium
DuffMan 6752:279
Alright fellas, the official date for RBAGpt2 is Saturday August 11th! As I said before, I have a spacious home with several spare bedrooms, and several sofas so I can accommodate whoever needs a place to crash.

As the time draws closer I will post my exact address with further details. I will feed all of you too. I have amassed a pretty splendid inventory of beers that I should be able to keep for the event. As I said before, my goal is to have several dozen unrated beers on offer. Between Parksy and I, this should be easily accomplished. I will post a detailed list of what I have this weekend. I am pumped for this!!

As a fun sidebar, I also intend to subject us all to a blind tasting of fine Malt Liquors. I have 5 or 6 in my possession at the moment, and probably will be acquiring more from gas stations across the land before our event.

Also, I still like the homebrew idea as well. I have a buddy who is really into it and he plans to do something special for the event. Anyone else planning on brewing something, or should we scrap the idea?
5/17/2012 8:36:14 AM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
Savvy1982 1705:70
Originally posted by DuffMan
Alright fellas, the official date for RBAGpt2 is Saturday August 11th! As I said before, I have a spacious home with several spare bedrooms, and several sofas so I can accommodate whoever needs a place to crash.

As the time draws closer I will post my exact address with further details. I will feed all of you too. I have amassed a pretty splendid inventory of beers that I should be able to keep for the event. As I said before, my goal is to have several dozen unrated beers on offer. Between Parksy and I, this should be easily accomplished. I will post a detailed list of what I have this weekend. I am pumped for this!!

As a fun sidebar, I also intend to subject us all to a blind tasting of fine Malt Liquors. I have 5 or 6 in my possession at the moment, and probably will be acquiring more from gas stations across the land before our event.

Also, I still like the homebrew idea as well. I have a buddy who is really into it and he plans to do something special for the event. Anyone else planning on brewing something, or should we scrap the idea?

Official Event Page is up:

http://www.ratebeer.com/event/17596/ratebeer-alberta-summer-gathering/
5/17/2012 9:15:10 AM

premium
Iíd be up for brewing something just for the event, maybe a Citra-hopped White IPA, I have a pretty rad recipe for that.

Otherwise, I have some fun bottles to share. This sounds like a fantastic time once again, AND I donít have to drive to Edmonton in the middle of winter!
5/17/2012 9:23:39 AM

gramity 1307:39
I can try and brew something in time but it wonít be too fancy as I donít have full grain setup going yet. I also canít guarantee attendance quite yet but approve of the date choice!

I hope I can make it - this is going to be extremely fun!! I may have some interesting bottles with me from recent trips to Montana/Idaho/BC in June and July.
5/17/2012 10:21:55 AM

Awesome, I can make it!!!! Duffman and I am going to take you up on the offer to crash somewhere.

I am going to Montana, Idaho, and BC before this happens and plan to acquire some good beer. I may also have received a trade from Ontario that could have some goodies. At one point jerc was talking about Heady Topper but I donít have my hopes up.

I will certainly have some bottles from Big Sky in Montana and several other breweries there. Hopefully I can find some diamonds in the rough at their bottle shops as well.

My sisterís friends started a brewery in Idaho I plan on visiting but I am not entirely sure they bottle yet.

I am excited to be able to actually bring some beer you champs havenít tried yet.

As for home brewing - I am beginning to think that I will be too drunk just from the bottles everyone brings and Duffmanís malt liquor tasting. If I do have some homebrew Iíll bring it though.
5/22/2012 7:56:59 AM

premium
Originally posted by gramity
Awesome, I can make it!!!! Duffman and I am going to take you up on the offer to crash somewhere.

I am going to Montana, Idaho, and BC before this happens and plan to acquire some good beer. I may also have received a trade from Ontario that could have some goodies. At one point jerc was talking about Heady Topper but I donít have my hopes up.

I will certainly have some bottles from Big Sky in Montana and several other breweries there. Hopefully I can find some diamonds in the rough at their bottle shops as well.

My sisterís friends started a brewery in Idaho I plan on visiting but I am not entirely sure they bottle yet.

I am excited to be able to actually bring some beer you champs havenít tried yet.

As for home brewing - I am beginning to think that I will be too drunk just from the bottles everyone brings and Duffmanís malt liquor tasting. If I do have some homebrew Iíll bring it though.

There is a concern that there may simply be too much beer to do the Homebrew Gala as well. Itís gonna be a sloppy night, but if we set say an hour aside, maybe while we were eating to have a "Homebrew Hour" and take a break from rating, I think it could work.
5/22/2012 9:34:32 AM

premium
Whatever the group decides, Iím cool with. We can scrap the home brew idea and leave it for another time. Also, the malt likra tasting is for a laugh-- I do not expect us to have to endure more than 1oz each of that shit! It will be ingesting though, to line up all these gas station hobo specials and see if there is any discernible difference in them. If Iím ever down on my luck, living out of a cardboard box under an overpass I want to know which Supercan of Piss imparts the most delicate nose and complex palate for my $1.97.
5/22/2012 10:11:33 AM

premium
...not "ingesting"-- interesting. Frigging autocorrect.
5/22/2012 10:13:31 AM

Yeah - these nights are dangerous. I have no restraint when surrounded by 30 quality beers I have never tried. I have OCD (obsessive compulsive drinking) and must try them all.
5/22/2012 12:27:38 PM

I want this in the malt liquor tasting:
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/great-lakes-dirtbag-mcquaigs-malt-liquor-for-fine-gentlemen/171277/

We are, after all, fine gentleman are we not?
5/22/2012 12:29:37 PM

Home > Forums > Western Canada

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers
add
Advanced Search
Add A Beer
Add A Brewer