RBBSG II - Belgian Summer Gathering 2013

Reads 8505 • Replies 129 • Started Monday, June 3, 2013 7:38:00 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

77ships
beers 14200 º places 917 º 00:15 Sat 8/3/2013

Originally posted by BelgBeerGeek
Is it any good ? cause a lager with a high malt content doesn’t sound very good to me :-(
But offcourse if you bring we can try it :-)

Aren’t you the guy who complains about people ripping on sours because they are sour?
Schwarzbier is not bad isn’t that also a higher malt content lager?

BelgBeerGeek
beers 1307 º places 38 º 04:08 Sat 8/3/2013

Originally posted by 77ships
Is it any good ? cause a lager with a high malt content doesn’t sound very good to me :-(

Aren’t you the guy who complains about people ripping on sours because they are sour?
Schwarzbier is not bad isn’t that also a higher malt content lager?

What’s with u all of a sudden ? Yes i piss on people that don’t like sours and yet go drinking sours and then saying they’re bad because they’re sour.
But the whole thing is, don’t freaking drink sours then ?!

But i’m just saying Lager allready has a high malt content and flavour, and in many cases this isn’t a good beer , so i’m just afraid adding more malt isn’t gonna do the flavour any good.
That’s what i think about it
But because i haven’t had it before and every beer deserves its chance ( even if it’s comming from a bad brewer i always give it a chance... ) that’s why i said "if you bring it we can try it" ..

And another thing Schwarzbier is indeed a type of lager, and it doesn’t taste bad in many cases, but that’s because of the roasted dark malts, and not because of a higher content of malts...

77ships
beers 14200 º places 917 º 08:28 Sat 8/3/2013

Obviously I was being far more tongue-in-cheese than I came across. Oeps.

BelgBeerGeek
beers 1307 º places 38 º 10:06 Sat 8/3/2013

Originally posted by 77ships
Obviously I was being far more tongue-in-cheese than I came across. Oeps.

Yes

Benzai
beers 20020 º places 321 º 12:00 Sat 8/3/2013

Hehe, you piss on people Vincent? In that case I love sours ;)

BelgBeerGeek
beers 1307 º places 38 º 14:17 Sat 8/3/2013

Originally posted by Benzai
Hehe, you piss on people Vincent? In that case I love sours ;)

Well yeah sometimes, only when there’s no toilet and a handy drunk fellow on the floor !
But that’s only if he doesn’t like sours

Martinus
beers 5018 º places 224 º 05:22 Sun 8/4/2013

Don’t know. Never had any beer in the style. As far as I know it’s sort of a mix between blond and dunkel. I’m curious, who knows, it might surprise us.

BelgBeerGeek
beers 1307 º places 38 º 13:56 Sun 8/4/2013

Is it correct that there’s a total of 9 attendees at the moment or will more people come ?
I have to know that for the food i’m gonna make :-)

Benzai
beers 20020 º places 321 º 16:04 Wed 8/7/2013

Guys, I just realised I hadn’t put my beers on the list yet. Probably not everyone is going to have a look at the list for the next couple of days, but maybe you’ll all look at this thread so I’ll just post them here. Respond if you like or dislike them, I’m curious, but I’ll bring them anyway unless most of you have had them.

- Emelisse Mikkie = Stout
- De Veluwse Heidebrouwerij Veluws Heidebier
- De Veluwse Heidebrouwerij Edenoartje
- Oersoep MacGlennie
- Foothills Sexual Chocolate Imperial Stout (4.00 weighted av)

ThirstyBird
beers 3099 º places 53 º 04:29 Thu 8/8/2013

Made an upgrade - now bringing a Hill Farmstead (Grassroots) beer instead of a Kölsch...

Hey Tim - do you have wifi? I think that is a stupid question with you being in the IT world but just wanted to make sure.

Looking forward to it!