RBESG 20 12

Reads 10775 • Replies 117 • Started Tuesday, January 31, 2012 11:17:42 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

cgarvieuk
beers 37611 º places 457 º 04:36 Tue 3/20/2012

Only if the person talking about it is serious.(its a fair bit of work)

they should set a date, ask for any opposing bids, give a week for anyone to pipe up. But i recon its likly.

Leighton
beers 33700 º places 1204 º 05:19 Tue 3/20/2012

Originally posted by cgarvieuk

they should set a date, ask for any opposing bids, give a week for anyone to pipe up. But i recon its likly.

Bratislava and Vienna have been the only discussed locations for three weeks. Imro (Cuso) has said he is serious about helping to organize and has offered itineraries. Numerous people have chimed in that they are excited for a Bratislava/Vienna gathering.

It seems to me like the most pressing issue is not where, but when. I don’t think it would be helpful to have a unilateral decision on the dates. Thus, perhaps anyone with strong preferences for dates should offer them and then, when we have a few potential date ranges, people can vote on when to have the RBESG.

My concern is that we are already a few months behind (compared to last year) regarding when/where the event will take place (London in August had been chosen by the end of January). Additionally, it seems people want to have the event earlier this year, so we really should finalise plans rather soon.

Christian
beers 17284 º places 278 º 06:15 Tue 3/20/2012

We’re not all going to make it, no matter when it is. I’d say it’s Imro’s privilege to set the date

cgarvieuk
beers 37611 º places 457 º 06:19 Tue 3/20/2012

Originally posted by Leighton
Originally posted by cgarvieuk

Bratislava and Vienna have been the only discussed locations for three weeks. Imro (Cuso) has said he is serious about helping to organize and has offered itineraries. Numerous people have chimed in that they are excited for a Bratislava/Vienna gathering.

It seems to me like the most pressing issue is not where, but when. I don’t think it would be helpful to have a unilateral decision on the dates. Thus, perhaps anyone with strong preferences for dates should offer them and then, when we have a few potential date ranges, people can vote on when to have the RBESG.

My concern is that we are already a few months behind (compared to last year) regarding when/where the event will take place (London in August had been chosen by the end of January). Additionally, it seems people want to have the event earlier this year, so we really should finalise plans rather soon.

Oh its definitly upto Imro to choose the date for his bid, and i agree it looks like he is the only bid.

So if no one else is interested he should set a date and start serious work on it :-)

Cuso
beers 15721 º places 335 º 06:27 Tue 3/20/2012

For me lack of responses means that there is no big interest for Bratislava. But anyway there are two proposed dates: one June 29-July 1. and somewhere between 15th of June and 23rd July, what from my perspective would be 18-22. of July. I prefer second date. Itinerary for Braislava was posted by me.
On the other hand 9.2. FrumptyDumpty wrote:"No use in voting I talked with people in england, italy, sweden, and denmark and it has been decided the RBESG will be held on Fanø. We have bikes and kites and little hobbit houses. GAME ON."
So I am little bit confused.

cgarvieuk
beers 37611 º places 457 º 06:45 Tue 3/20/2012

Originally posted by Cuso
For me lack of responses means that there is no big interest for Bratislava. But anyway there are two proposed dates: one June 29-July 1. and somewhere between 15th of June and 23rd July, what from my perspective would be 18-22. of July. I prefer second date. Itinerary for Braislava was posted by me.
On the other hand 9.2. FrumptyDumpty wrote:"No use in voting I talked with people in england, italy, sweden, and denmark and it has been decided the RBESG will be held on Fanø. We have bikes and kites and little hobbit houses. GAME ON."
So I am little bit confused.

Ryan (FrumptyDumpty) was bing Sarcastic. Well i assume he was.

Some RBESG are bigger than others. I know im not going to make this year.

But If there no other interest and it looks like theres not (really we need an arbritrar to set a deadline)

then you should set a date, give an outline and then get an idea of numbers, id hope you get 15+ but even an event of 5-6 people is better than no event at all. You just need to consider number as you get nearer the time.

Dedollewaitor
beers 21438 º places 541 º 10:38 Tue 3/20/2012

From what I hear around lots of people are interested in Brati/Vienna. 18-22 Juli. Bring it! Ps. Yes, Ryan was being sarcastic!

Cuso
beers 15721 º places 335 º 13:20 Tue 3/20/2012

OK than. I proposed some date range before, but let’s make 2 possible dates: 1st 28.6. to 01.7. 2nd 19-22. of July. Agenda: 1.st day Vienna pub crawl (If there will be interest). I am not so familiar with Vienna beer scene, but I am sure we will have nice beer time. 2nd day Bratislava Pub crawl (Mestiansky pivovar (Drevena, Dunajska) and Zamocky pivovar, possibly Patronsky pivovar. 3rd day: Patronsky pivovar, if not day before, GT at Richtar Jakub, 4.th day Departure. There will be organized at least one visit of brewery. I spoke with owner of Richtar Jakub, he will accommodate us for GT, we only have to agree on details (no of people, his beer list, app number of our beers, and other things.
Here is shared workbook https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqyvIG9WeEr3dFEtbFlVZXFrbzhURk, where you can vote which date is suitable for you. On Tuesday 27.3. 12:00 my time, based on interest I will decide on RBESG 2012 date.

Cuso
beers 15721 º places 335 º 23:57 Tue 3/20/2012

cquiroga
beers 371 º places 11 º 00:32 Wed 3/21/2012

I suggest you do not have RBESG on the weekend of July 19th-22nd, as those are the dates for RBSG in LA/OC. I don’t think either of these events are large enough that they will not be impacted negatively by the conflict.