RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Non-US | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

RBESG 2013

read 7153 times • 81 replies • posted 1/5/2013 2:05:00 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

left_bank 69:47
ill be in paris(western/central europe)for most of the summer.if activities are happening sunday-thursday,count me in!
1/19/2013 11:09:39 PM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
Cuso 4961:156
Bump
1/31/2013 10:44:58 PM

premium
Ungstrup 29661:352
Originally posted by ACD
Just read past Gazza’s post and realised that Dublin ain’t high on the list (fair enough I’d say!) Any excuse for me to hit up Belgium is great though!

---Posted via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Don’t be discouraged - I think Dublin is a splendid idea with an evolving scene, so it is a great place to visit first time or return to. And flight prices into Dublin are usually reasonable
2/1/2013 1:58:00 AM

evilempire 135:30
I’d be up for Dublin, used to be my second home but not been for years! best get my mortgage extended first though...
2/1/2013 3:14:16 AM

premium
Theydon_Bois 9635:673
Originally posted by evilempire
I’d be up for Dublin, used to be my second home but not been for years! best get my mortgage extended first though...

Second home Dave ?

Beer the primary reason was it ?

Cravens I imagine and not the smokers variety
2/1/2013 3:51:51 AM

KimJohansen 10350:10
Dublin? Has much changed the last couple of years or is it still PorterHouse, Messrs Maguire and Bull & Castle only?
2/1/2013 4:30:49 AM

evilempire 135:30
Originally posted by Theydon_Bois
Originally posted by evilempire

Second home Dave ?

Beer the primary reason was it ?

Cravens I imagine and not the smokers variety

Er, there may have been an element of steam heat and superchargers involved

From Gazza’s gen there’s quite a few ’free houses’ now, between them serving just about every Irish brewery...
2/1/2013 5:11:58 AM

ACD 661:32
The scene’s certainly evolved in Dublin over the past three years - one particular set of bars run by The Cottage Group (owners of Galway Bay Brewery) have been leading the way. Their three pubs in the city (Against The Grain, Brew Dock, and Black Sheep) all have 20+ taps of local and international craft as well as fairly extensive bottle lists. Plus, a couple of others have really embraced the high quality gastropub vibe with decently kept cask ales, artisan local produce etc - L. Mulligan Grocer and W.J. Kavanagh are the best of the bunch.

That said, I’d still describe the scene as highly conservative with fecking caramalt overloaded red ales still very much in vogue. Hopefully someone will have some balls and chuck some hops into a brew kettle sometime soon!
2/1/2013 5:27:08 AM

ACD 661:32
Would certainly recommend the Dublin beer scene as a destination for a cheap one-nighter city break (I’ll happily show any of you lovely folks around!), but I’d say that a three day show may get slightly repetitive...unless you really really love caramalt - you’d have a bloody blast.
2/1/2013 5:42:39 AM

premium
Christian 11260:237
Originally posted by ACD
Would certainly recommend the Dublin beer scene as a destination for a cheap one-nighter city break (I’ll happily show any of you lovely folks around!), but I’d say that a three day show may get slightly repetitive...unless you really really love caramalt - you’d have a bloody blast.

That’s the whole point of Irish Red Ale, isn’t it?

Remember that it’s three days where one is entirely dedicated to the grand tasting, with beers that people brought along. And if we have a little time to chat and drink full pints one of the days, it wouldn’t hurt anybody...
2/1/2013 10:58:24 AM

Home > Forums > Non-US

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers