RBESG 2013

Reads 9268 • Replies 81 • Started Saturday, January 5, 2013 2:05:00 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

radarsock
beers 1226 º places 112 º 11:00 Fri 2/1/2013

Haven’t been paying attention. Where will this be? IRE may be up my alley, as I was thinking of going there for the summertime.

Dublin would be really nice! Would love to see some of Eire. Or at least Dublin bars :-)

radarsock
beers 1226 º places 112 º 12:15 Fri 2/1/2013

Originally posted by Mads K
Dublin would be really nice! Would love to see some of Eire. Or at least Dublin bars :-)
Yes

Beermack
beers 725 º places 36 º 12:36 Fri 2/1/2013

@Christian haha yes, that's Irish red ale alright...can you tell I'm a big fan ;)

---Posted via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Cuso
beers 15721 º places 335 º 07:38 Sat 2/2/2013

Originally posted by radarsock
Haven’t been paying attention. Where will this be? IRE may be up my alley, as I was thinking of going there for the summertime.

Not decided yet. Nl/Be was one of options and it seems that maybe Dublin. But we still don’t have organizer of event.

garthicus
beers 3025 º places 65 º 10:19 Mon 2/11/2013

Gah, would be happy to help out arrange a Dublin gathering but just couldn’t do the whole of the organising

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 11:31 Mon 2/11/2013

Originally posted by Christian
Originally posted by ACD
Would certainly recommend the Dublin beer scene as a destination for a cheap one-nighter city break (I’ll happily show any of you lovely folks around!), but I’d say that a three day show may get slightly repetitive...unless you really really love caramalt - you’d have a bloody blast.

That’s the whole point of Irish Red Ale, isn’t it?

Remember that it’s three days where one is entirely dedicated to the grand tasting, with beers that people brought along. And if we have a little time to chat and drink full pints one of the days, it wouldn’t hurt anybody...

An ideal time to hit Dublin would be when that Irish Craft Beer Festival is on (assuming they are repeating it this year). That would certainly merit a whole day. But I think it was at the start of September last year so not strictly Summer.

Cuso
beers 15721 º places 335 º 12:13 Mon 2/11/2013

Beginning of September is technically still Summer (at least by meteorologists) :). Anyway, if we want to have our european gathering we should have some proposals, because, there is not much time to organize it. Martinus wanted to propose NL/Be and Dublin seems to be open.
But so far we don’t have key person namely organizer of RBESG. And gathering wont happen unless somebody from us is willing to organise it.

Leighton
beers 33700 º places 1204 º 12:22 Mon 2/11/2013

Screw it, why not just do it in London again? There can’t be many (if any) other cities in Europe with a beer scene as booming as London’s.

FatPhil
beers 26061 º places 995 º 03:41 Tue 2/12/2013

Originally posted by Leighton
Screw it, why not just do it in London again? There can’t be many (if any) other cities in Europe with a beer scene as booming as London’s.

Being the softest southern shite that’s ever lived, I’ve only ever heard about a territory called "Up North" but I did get the feel it might be an alternative destination.

I don’t think we should repeat exact destinations too soon, and shouldn’t forget that the "E" in RBESG isn’t "England".