RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Non-US | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

RBESG 2013

read 7022 times • 81 replies • posted 1/5/2013 2:05:00 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

premium
radarsock 885:48
Havenít been paying attention. Where will this be? IRE may be up my alley, as I was thinking of going there for the summertime.
2/1/2013 11:00:28 AM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
Dedollewaitor 13766:355
Dublin would be really nice! Would love to see some of Eire. Or at least Dublin bars :-)
2/1/2013 12:01:37 PM

premium
radarsock 885:48
Originally posted by Mads K
Dublin would be really nice! Would love to see some of Eire. Or at least Dublin bars :-)
Yes
2/1/2013 12:15:10 PM

ACD 621:29
@Christian haha yes, that's Irish red ale alright...can you tell I'm a big fan ;)

---Posted via Beer Buddy for iPhone
2/1/2013 12:36:39 PM

premium
Cuso 4295:142
Originally posted by radarsock
Havenít been paying attention. Where will this be? IRE may be up my alley, as I was thinking of going there for the summertime.

Not decided yet. Nl/Be was one of options and it seems that maybe Dublin. But we still donít have organizer of event.
2/2/2013 7:38:04 AM

premium
garthicus 2658:61
Gah, would be happy to help out arrange a Dublin gathering but just couldnít do the whole of the organising
2/11/2013 10:19:41 AM

premium
chriso 7347:368
Originally posted by Christian
Originally posted by ACD
Would certainly recommend the Dublin beer scene as a destination for a cheap one-nighter city break (Iíll happily show any of you lovely folks around!), but Iíd say that a three day show may get slightly repetitive...unless you really really love caramalt - youíd have a bloody blast.

Thatís the whole point of Irish Red Ale, isnít it?

Remember that itís three days where one is entirely dedicated to the grand tasting, with beers that people brought along. And if we have a little time to chat and drink full pints one of the days, it wouldnít hurt anybody...

An ideal time to hit Dublin would be when that Irish Craft Beer Festival is on (assuming they are repeating it this year). That would certainly merit a whole day. But I think it was at the start of September last year so not strictly Summer.
2/11/2013 11:31:17 AM

premium
Cuso 4295:142
Beginning of September is technically still Summer (at least by meteorologists) :). Anyway, if we want to have our european gathering we should have some proposals, because, there is not much time to organize it. Martinus wanted to propose NL/Be and Dublin seems to be open.
But so far we donít have key person namely organizer of RBESG. And gathering wont happen unless somebody from us is willing to organise it.
2/11/2013 12:13:45 PM

premium
Leighton 10540:574
Screw it, why not just do it in London again? There canít be many (if any) other cities in Europe with a beer scene as booming as Londonís.
2/11/2013 12:22:26 PM

FatPhil 9172:301
Originally posted by Leighton
Screw it, why not just do it in London again? There canít be many (if any) other cities in Europe with a beer scene as booming as Londonís.

Being the softest southern shite thatís ever lived, Iíve only ever heard about a territory called "Up North" but I did get the feel it might be an alternative destination.

I donít think we should repeat exact destinations too soon, and shouldnít forget that the "E" in RBESG isnít "England".
2/12/2013 3:41:04 AM

Home > Forums > Non-US

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers