RBESG 2014

Reads 9089 • Replies 107 • Started Monday, January 6, 2014 1:06:53 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

rlgk
beers 18837 º places 615 º 13:07 Mon 3/10/2014

There were still early bird tickets for the early session on friday. Me and Riitta got tickets for that one now. Guess GBBF is rather crowded on a friday?

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40505 º places 1239 º 13:11 Mon 3/10/2014

Originally posted by rlgk
There were still early bird tickets for the early session on friday. Me and Riitta got tickets for that one now. Guess GBBF is rather crowded on a friday?

Friday is usually the busiest day at GBBF plus it’s full of casual office folk just checking it out (and getting in the fucking way )

That said I often pop down for a few hours between 1430 and 1630 and it’s usually not to bad before the after work crush arrives!

Leighton
beers 33714 º places 1204 º 03:44 Tue 3/11/2014

The London Craft Beer Festival was pretty decent last year. I was pleasantly surprised by the overall quality of beer; but I guess it shouldn’t have come as a surprise since they brought in some great breweries.

The ticketing system for getting beers was kind of odd. Included in the price of the fest ticket you got one voucher for one beer from each of the attending breweries (so you had like 20-30 little vouchers). I think if you wanted to try more beers you had to buy more vouchers. We ended up getting given a ton of extra vouchers from other people at the fest who didn’t want theirs so we had all the beer we wanted.

My biggest complaint was the music. All the brewery stands were set up in one large room. And right in the middle of this room was the musical guest. They had different musical guests for each session, but all the acts were extremely loud. It meant I had to yell to have a conversation with my buddy who came along to the fest with me. Pretty obnoxious.

They had a good list of London breweries last year in addition to other European brewers. From London, I think we had The Kernel, Partizan, Brodie’s, Beavertown, Redemption, maybe one more. Then there was also Magic Rock, Mikkeller, BrewDog, To Ol, Harviestoun, De Molen, a few more I forget. So all in all a pretty solid line-up. Not many breweries did special beers for the fest but I think there were a couple.

Truth be told, I ended up winning two free tickets last year, which is why I attended. If I hadn’t gotten those tickets for free I am not sure I would have gone. But still, it was pretty good overall.

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 08:30 Tue 3/11/2014

Originally posted by Leighton
The pre-GBBF weekend is typically when chriso hosts his Shindig. Having communicated with Chris he says he would not object to forgoing the tasting as his place if there are too many people attending RBESG, in which case we would find a larger, more suitable venue.

We could always have a POST GBBF shindig on the Saturday, or even Sunday, for those that are still around. I appreciate that’s still at the same time as the London Craft Beer Festival but, since there are six sessions of that, there’s plenty of leeway.

Leighton
beers 33714 º places 1204 º 08:40 Tue 3/11/2014

Originally posted by chriso
The pre-GBBF weekend is typically when chriso hosts his Shindig. Having communicated with Chris he says he would not object to forgoing the tasting as his place if there are too many people attending RBESG, in which case we would find a larger, more suitable venue.

We could always have a POST GBBF shindig on the Saturday, or even Sunday, for those that are still around. I appreciate that’s still at the same time as the London Craft Beer Festival but, since there are six sessions of that, there’s plenty of leeway.

Cheers, Chris. We’re starting to put together the schedule and one of our goals is to ensure something happens at the casa de chriso.

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 09:54 Tue 3/11/2014

Originally posted by chriso

Cheers, Chris. We’re starting to put together the schedule and one of our goals is to ensure something happens at the casa de chriso.

Keep in mind that I’ll probably want to go to the London Craft Beer Festival at some point in that post GBBF weekend and don’t want to leave it too long before getting tickets in case the Early Bird ones sell out.

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 10:56 Tue 3/11/2014

Thursday - Sunday with more events on the Monday if people are around.

Was thinking an outing to Brighton might be fun for the Monday.

Benzai
beers 20020 º places 321 º 11:54 Tue 3/11/2014

Does any of you London lads have about 2 square meters available in their house for me to lay a matrass down? I’m hoping to save me some hotel costs, I’d rather spend it on beers ;)

Cuso
beers 15726 º places 335 º 12:25 Tue 3/11/2014

The same for me, please?

Ferris
beers 23108 º places 1878 º 15:40 Tue 3/11/2014

Looks like I will be hopping the pond as well.

Any advice on a good area to stay that would be central to all the events including LCBF and GBBF?

Looks like lots of people are looking for places, I would be happy to split accommodations for the 2 weeks I am around.