RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Non-US | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

RBESG bid?

read 2818 times • 37 replies • posted 2/28/2013 11:41:23 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

premium
Cuso 5049:157
We keep my proposed deadline 6.3.2013?
3/4/2013 10:26:27 AM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
cgarvieuk 15163:150
yup i think thats fair. theres been open chat for a while and a decision needs made
3/4/2013 10:29:25 AM

premium
Benzai 8910:151
Originally posted by cgarvieuk
yup i think thats fair. theres been open chat for a while and a decision needs made

I agree
3/4/2013 12:14:39 PM

premium
Martinus 3047:155
Originally posted by Cuso
Please, lets concentrate on proposals, if we wil not have anz other proposal besides NL/Be till 6.3. NL/BE won.

It would be nice to organise an event in the region, theres quite a lot of nice things happening here beer-wise. If there are other bids coming up I would be interested too, a bit of friendly competition can only enhance the experience.
3/4/2013 1:48:16 PM

premium
Originally posted by Benzai
But I guess I might be helping putting this together.

There always is the small possibility that you might be asked to lend a helping hand
3/4/2013 2:05:25 PM

premium
madmitch76 16098:144
If its Amsterdam (or Holland even) what about combining with Borefts? Much like 2011 in London was combined with GBBF. Bit later in the year but so what?
3/4/2013 2:51:05 PM

premium
Reid 1944:45
Originally posted by cgarvieuk
Lets not Start a big discussion here and lose track of the main point :-) But We had a RBESG in Glasgow about 5-6 years back, and im thinking Maybe Edinburgh Bid next year.

Good more money can be saved for next year!
3/4/2013 3:26:40 PM

FatPhil 9591:307
Originally posted by madmitch76
If its Amsterdam (or Holland even) what about combining with Borefts? Much like 2011 in London was combined with GBBF. Bit later in the year but so what?

Combining always works well for Anna and me, as it reduces the overhead for those who travel from further afield. Weve never been to Borefts, so that would be fantastic, but theres so much good stuff in the region, were not too fussed.
3/5/2013 2:47:16 AM

premium
chriso 7428:436

So youd be talking about a 5-day long weekend with two days of that for Borefts fest and the normal three days of gathering around it? One problem I could see with that is that some of the active Dutch RB members who could be involved in organising RBESG are also tied up with helping out at and/or doing the preparations for Borefts so it could be difficult for them to fit everything in.
3/5/2013 6:17:09 AM

premium
Originally posted by chriso

So youd be talking about a 5-day long weekend with two days of that for Borefts fest and the normal three days of gathering around it? One problem I could see with that is that some of the active Dutch RB members who could be involved in organising RBESG are also tied up with helping out at and/or doing the preparations for Borefts so it could be difficult for them to fit everything in.

Combining with Borefts would indeed be a bit difficult Im affraid.

Borefts is two days, so if wed incorporate it into a normal RBESG, there would only be one day -or part of it- left for other activities. Furthermore, one of the proposers (and quite some others in the Dutch ratebeer scene) is actively involved in this festival.

If wed make it into a 5 day gathering the 2nd problem would still apply and some of us cant take 5 days off from work easily.
3/5/2013 8:17:21 AM

Home > Forums > Non-US

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers