RBSG 2012 Los Angeles info/updates

Reads 47373 • Replies 470 • Started Wednesday, February 1, 2012 6:18:30 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 14:55 Mon 7/9/2012

Originally posted by FlacoAlto
So what is happening on Thursday? Is there a set agenda? or is it everyone for themselves?

Thats a good question. I asked about that earlier and havent heard much interest in the pub crawl so I was thinking that a free for all would be the easiest way to go. Here are some of the beer destinations in the immediate area:

http://beermapping.com/a/32923

Anyone know if Rock and Brews is open yet?

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 14:58 Mon 7/9/2012

Also, if there is enough interest I can ask if El Segundo brewing would open that night. For the tickers there are a couple other breweries in the area too:

Monkish

Red Car

Redondo Beach

Strand

and maybe Angel City (not sure if they moved or if they even have a tasting room)

vacax
17:01 Mon 7/9/2012

Originally posted by LtDan
So do I bring Ghostface Killah to SG or WS?

It depends. Who do you hate more?

3fourths
beers 9492 º places 1576 º 15:43 Tue 7/10/2012

So what is happening on Thursday? Is there a set agenda? or is it everyone for themselves?

all the cool people are in San Diego on Thursday

3fourths
beers 9492 º places 1576 º 15:44 Tue 7/10/2012

Originally posted by t0rin0

Thats a good question. I asked about that earlier and havent heard much interest in the pub crawl so I was thinking that a free for all would be the easiest way to go. Here are some of the beer destinations in the immediate area:

http://beermapping.com/a/32923

Anyone know if Rock and Brews is open yet?

that link doesn’t work for me.

http://www.ratebeer.com/beermap?p=0&z=12<=3394034&ln=-11839408

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 17:31 Tue 7/10/2012

I need a couple volunteers to help clean up after the grand tasting, preferrably at least one that is heading back towards LAX as I’ll probably have to miss the return bus to help clean. People on the return bus on Saturday are pretty much out of the running.

Also, I think I have to find someone to man the taps as the Bruery is letting us use their 8 tap keg fridge and they dont want random people pouring for themselves back there. I’m thinking of assigning 1 hr shifts, and I’ll certainly do one.

Any takers?

FlacoAlto
beers 4461 º places 17 º 19:26 Tue 7/10/2012

Originally posted by 3fourths

Really, I am intrigued... Even if I happen to be in SD from the previous Sunday?

What, when & where? Not sure I will change my plans, but I am curious.

JohnC
beers 3007 º places 164 º 20:18 Tue 7/10/2012

I need a couple volunteers to help clean up after the grand tasting, preferrably at least one that is heading back towards LAX as I’ll probably have to miss the return bus to help clean. People on the return bus on Saturday are pretty much out of the running.

Also, I think I have to find someone to man the taps as the Bruery is letting us use their 8 tap keg fridge and they dont want random people pouring for themselves back there. I’m thinking of assigning 1 hr shifts, and I’ll certainly do one.

Any takers?

sure, I’ll do it

DaSilky1
beers 2607 º places 66 º 23:06 Tue 7/10/2012

Originally posted by 3fourths

Really, I am intrigued... Even if I happen to be in SD from the previous Sunday?

What, when & where? Not sure I will change my plans, but I am curious.

We’ll be having a circle jerk at my house at some point, the more dicks the marrier, I always say.

wutangfinancial
beers 212 º places 33 º 23:15 Tue 7/10/2012

I’m def. good for an hour shift on the taps. If we can both find a ride back to the hotel I will stay and help with the clean-up.

Any takers?