RBSG 2012 Los Angeles info/updates

Reads 47355 • Replies 470 • Started Wednesday, February 1, 2012 6:18:30 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Moosington
beers 28 º 10:01 Wed 7/11/2012

Originally posted by t0rin0
I need a couple volunteers to help clean up after the grand tasting, preferrably at least one that is heading back towards LAX as I’ll probably have to miss the return bus to help clean. People on the return bus on Saturday are pretty much out of the running.

Also, I think I have to find someone to man the taps as the Bruery is letting us use their 8 tap keg fridge and they dont want random people pouring for themselves back there. I’m thinking of assigning 1 hr shifts, and I’ll certainly do one.

Any takers?

While I won’t be heading back to LAX, I can definitely help clean a bit.

nightrider
beers 754 º places 2 º 15:42 Wed 7/11/2012

I will be staying locally as well so I can help clean up too.

TAR
beers 2821 º places 34 º 19:34 Wed 7/11/2012

Originally posted by KyotoLefty
Are there any Japanese beers that people particularly want to try?

Fresh bottles of anything low-gravity from Baird, purdy please.

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 22:08 Wed 7/11/2012

I’ll be cleaning up as I can either get a judgmental ride home from my girlfriend or (supposedly) just a ride home from moosington and his better half.

KyotoLefty
beers 15089 º places 1059 º 01:33 Thu 7/12/2012

Originally posted by TAR
Originally posted by KyotoLefty
Are there any Japanese beers that people particularly want to try?

Fresh bottles of anything low-gravity from Baird, purdy please.

Even if you can get it in the States, or just beers that aren’t exported?

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 16:15 Thu 7/12/2012

More Berliner making an appearance...this time it’s a lowly Pennsylvaniaweiss, though.

jhenry04
19:11 Thu 7/12/2012

Originally posted by womencantsail
More Berliner making an appearance...this time it’s a lowly Pennsylvaniaweiss, though.

I’m bringing down a keg of High Water Berliner Reisse. Should also have a keg of brandy barrel doppelsticke and something fun from Drake’s.

vacax
20:04 Thu 7/12/2012

That Berliner Reisse is really really tasty! Nice.

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 23:49 Thu 7/12/2012

Originally posted by jhenry04
Originally posted by womencantsail

I’m bringing down a keg of High Water Berliner Reisse. Should also have a keg of brandy barrel doppelsticke and something fun from Drake’s.

Nice score on the Berliner Reisse. One of my favorites from Sour Fest last weekend.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 07:54 Fri 7/13/2012

So I’ve got some crappy news. The glassware company decided to wait until yesterday (2 1/2 weeks after I ordered) to tell me those glasses were on back order. So after a series of angry emails it looks like they’ll be here a few days after RBSG. For the locals I’ll distribute them as I see you at events and such. For those coming from out of town it gets a bit trickier but we can work something out. I’ll be at GTMW in a few weeks if that helps anyone or if you are doing trades with anyone in the area that can include the glass let me know. Anyone that ordered extras let me know if you want a refund.