RBWG-JAX 2013, Final Call, Itinerary, etc.!

Reads 29947 • Replies 541 • Started Thursday, January 17, 2013 8:50:51 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 20:00 Mon 2/18/2013

That would go well with Hovan’s baklava!

beastiefan2k
beers 5008 º places 294 º 21:58 Mon 2/18/2013

got a rental car on Priceline name your own price for $20 a day in case anyone is interested (may be even cheaper).

beastiefan2k
beers 5008 º places 294 º 22:01 Mon 2/18/2013

Originally posted by Leighton
so if there’s anyone looking to share a taxi please shoot me a BM. I’m happy to wait for you for a little bit (maybe 30min, not much more than that) if need be.

I get in a 2pm on Thursday and will be driving a rental car to the hotels. I would be more than happy to give you a ride.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 00:53 Tue 2/19/2013

Great news:

Despite working with only a l.5 barrel system and sending a boatload of their beer to various festivals during this very beery time of year in south Florida, Ryan Sentz at Funky Buddha has counter pressure filled and very generously donated a few bombers of their Maple Bacon Coffee Porter.

Eleventh hour procurement of beer from Rapp, Wakefield/CCB, Spider Bite, Three Palms, The Abbey and Funky Buddha, have made for a a very long, yet productive couple days for markwise, burg326, jcwattsrugger, drowland and me. There is only one targeted brewery out there that we have neither received confirmation nor denial from, and that’s Cask & Larder in Orlando. We remain hopeful.

I, for one, am going to sleep like a champ tonight.

How about a big round of applause for Mark and Adam who will be burning a lot of expensive petrol over the next couple days picking up beer and hauling it to Jacksonville for your drinking pleasure.

... and an even bigger round of applause for John, and especially Danny.

Without these two, none of this would even be happening... at least not in this part of the country. John and Danny have carefully, deliberately, and with great attention to detail, put together a kick-ass four-day weekend for all of us to enjoy.

Sooo... ENJOY IT!

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 01:03 Tue 2/19/2013

Anyone who is thinking about hitting the Daytona 500 on Sunday, February 24th and has not yet purchased tickets, there is a fellow ratebeerian who is looking to sell two race tickets: Campbell Box, Section I, Row 9, Seats 1-2. If you’re interested, shoot me a beermail and I’ll provide his contact information.

jcwattsrugger
beers 13456 º places 3 º 04:07 Tue 2/19/2013

Sponsors=BRILLIANT! Thanks Danny!

See Y’all in less than 60 hours!!

cheers john

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 04:19 Tue 2/19/2013

It’s SOOOOOON!

Don’t let markwise and hopscotch undersell themselves! They took their delegations to new levels and got us quite the hookups!!!

And HUGE thanks to jcwattsrugger who is constantly arranging things and putting out fires I don’t have time for. He was even calling the hotels last night to get more group rooms!

And the biggest thanks of all goes to our sponsors and participating businesses!

Buy bottles from Grassroots, tip at Intuition and the other local sponsors, tip at Kickbacks and thank the owner for basically closing down his restaurant for a night and pulling crazy beers out of storage, tip the shuttle drivers with beer, tip at the grand tasting, and talk to the out of town sponsors and compliment their brews! Without all of these folks this event could not have been so organized and affordable!

RBWG-JAX 2013

Cheers!

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 04:43 Tue 2/19/2013

Anyone that is rolling in on Weds, I work at Grassroots noon-8pm (close). Stop in and say hello!

thedm
beers 6316 º places 16 º 05:10 Tue 2/19/2013

Originally posted by beastiefan2k
Originally posted by thedm
We will be arriving Wed before 6 PM EST. Anyone want to meet up for dinner and brew Wed Night? Next stop Houston, TX!

did you skip Kansas?

We tried Boulevard, but it did not work out and drove on to Oklahoma City for wonderful 3.2 beer.

TheBeerSommelier
05:36 Tue 2/19/2013

Originally posted by drowland
Originally posted by TheBeerSommelier

I’ll be bringing one of these, so leave room for dessert.

Really???

Yessir. I hate bringing small things to massive gatherings. It’s pretty much why big bottles and kegs were created - to share with lots of people!