Sado Friday Night anyone?

Reads 1228 • Replies 31 • Started Friday, December 5, 2014 6:16:31 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

BlackHaddock
beers 15453 º places 1053 º 06:16 Fri 12/5/2014

Yet again I find myself bonding with Bertie (no longer a pup) as the wife goes out eating and drinking with girlie friends.

Usual virtual bar will be up and running: please join me as I consolidate my ’top spot’ as the man with the mostest when it comes to Shropshire’s beer ratings (three new 500ml bottles to share with myself).

Post bollocks or interesting stuff, pull up a virtual stool at the bar and join or start a conversation if you must.

No rules, just try and be polite, rate as you post.

<*))))))><

BlackHaddock
beers 15453 º places 1053 º 06:43 Fri 12/5/2014

Just loaded a Welsh beer into the fridge and a Belgian Christmas brew: my evening is now more or less sorted: don’t let me drink alone (with Bertie) like a Billy No Mates.

<*))))))><

Leighton
beers 33714 º places 1204 º 07:19 Fri 12/5/2014

Originally posted by BlackHaddock
Just loaded a Welsh beer into the fridge and a Belgian Christmas brew: my evening is now more or less sorted: don’t let me drink alone (with Bertie) like a Billy No Mates.

<*))))))><

You are out of control.

BlackHaddock
beers 15453 º places 1053 º 07:26 Fri 12/5/2014

Originally posted by Leighton

<*))))))><

You are out of control.

Yeah, I know: like 5 different beers in one night, just crazy really!

You know, I might even sneak in another if I start early enough.

<*))))))><

BlackHaddock
beers 15453 º places 1053 º 08:28 Fri 12/5/2014

Originally posted by Leighton

<*))))))><

You are out of control.

Yeah, I know: like 5 different beers in one night, just crazy really!

You know, I might even sneak in another if I start early enough.

<*))))))><

I even have some Extra Strong Cheddar, a soft cheese from Normandy and homemade pickles to eat: just can not understand why the wife would rather go out with friends than stay in with me, her really interesting and engaging husband of 37 plus years. Maybe my magnetic personality, electric sense of humour and amazing satire have now started fading in her eyes and she needs to be with other, less exciting people for a while.

<*))))))><

BlackHaddock
beers 15453 º places 1053 º 11:08 Fri 12/5/2014

Well it is a wet and cold Friday evening here in Shropshire and I have started my first beer of the session: Wood’s Poppy Ale. A lot better than it’s weaker cask version and a good opening beer. An amber, malt led brew with a semi-sweet and fruity nature. Second to rate it and the first and only person to rate the cask one.

I’ll keep talking to myself until someone joins me!

<*))))))><

PS. Might have some cheese with with my next pint (500ml).

BlackHaddock
beers 15453 º places 1053 º 11:28 Fri 12/5/2014

Hobsons Challenger (green hop beer) up now: first to rate it.

Pickles, cheese, salty biscuits and crisps at the ready once I have smelled, tasted and rated the bottle.

<*))))))><

PS. Might even open a packet of Onion Rings with the third beer.

BlackHaddock
beers 15453 º places 1053 º 11:51 Fri 12/5/2014

Half way down my green hop beer and now taking on solids: good, pleasant single hop brew with enough about it to keep me interested. Mildly oily body from the whole green hops and overall a fine brew.

<*))))))><

PS. Onion Rings on hold: Olives next. Small gherkins, strong Cheddar and Scottish Oatcakes keeping me from hunger pains, plus some of my fathers cucumber and onion relish.

tommann
beers 7123 º places 33 º 12:13 Fri 12/5/2014

I have a pizza in the oven and just finishing a cup of tea as my missus has also gone out. Will crack a beer after dinner, although I’ll be off to the pub after.

BlackHaddock
beers 15453 º places 1053 º 12:28 Fri 12/5/2014

Originally posted by tommann
I have a pizza in the oven and just finishing a cup of tea as my missus has also gone out. Will crack a beer after dinner, although I’ll be off to the pub after.

Hi Tom.

Pleased someone has said hello if nothing else: Bertie is ignoring me, even though we’ve been for a long walk and I’ve fed him. He is asleep on the settee currently, at least he has stopped farting. Which is more than can be said of me.

<*))))))><

BlackHaddock
beers 15453 º places 1053 º 12:34 Fri 12/5/2014

Bit of Deja Vu here: third beer is another green hop offering from Hobsons; Goldings this time. Again the first to rate it, not so exciting as it’s stable mate but fine with the Olives and soft French cheese I paired it with.

That is my three Shropshire beers for the evening: next up a Welk!

<*))))))><

PS. Onion Rings in with a chance now.