RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Travel | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

San Diego

read 590 times • 12 replies • posted 5/3/2013 1:17:14 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2

kcorum10 325:1
I will be in San Diego this month on 14th-16th. My days are wide open, but evening are booked, and wondered if anyone would like to meet up for a beer. I am hoping to visit Lost Abbey and Alesmith breweries. If anyone has any suggestions of some local places that are a must, I am open to recommendations.

I have found some places with high reviews on the places tab and intend to hit some of those up as well.

Thanks,
Kyle
Private message Send the author a private message

ksurkin 1021:13
Lost Abbey, Alesmith, Stone, and Toronado are must visit spots, at least in my opinion. Hamiltonís Tavern is also great and has some tasty food options as well. Also, Pizza Port Carlsbad with the bottle shop attached is excellent if you love good pizza a great variety of beers.
5/3/2013 1:20:23 PM

Private message send the author a private message

ParkerDaniels
30th Street in Nort Park has some pretty legit places..Tiger!Tiger, Ritual Tavern, Toronado, Bottle Craft is not too far, and for food...Urban Solace. Breweries....Iíd hit Societe, Alesmith, Green Flash, and Lost Abbey. For food and beer...Urge Gastropub any Pizza Port location
5/3/2013 2:16:11 PM

Thanks for the recommendations you two. Anyone else have anything add?
5/7/2013 11:16:12 AM

deftim13
Churchillís for excellent food and beer.
5/7/2013 11:19:59 AM

bauermj 1:
Societe is worth a stop
5/7/2013 11:54:23 AM

premium
jredmond 5330:201
WHITE LABS
5/7/2013 2:40:02 PM

premium
brokensail 10916:849
Originally posted by jredmond
WHITE LABS

Itís a great place for ticks, but it is seriously work getting through 6 different variations of the same crappy blonde ale.
5/7/2013 2:41:05 PM

ksurkin 1021:13
Originally posted by deftim13
Churchillís for excellent food and beer.

almost forgot this one. definitely a nice stop.
5/7/2013 2:53:10 PM

I was talking to a couple who just got back from a San Diego trip and recommended Alpine on the way in. Iíve heard of them, but never tried anything. Anyone have any opinions on them and if they would be worth the stop on the way in?
5/7/2013 5:58:59 PM

premium
dcschiller 2207:45
Originally posted by kcorum10
I was talking to a couple who just got back from a San Diego trip and recommended Alpine on the way in. Iíve heard of them, but never tried anything. Anyone have any opinions on them and if they would be worth the stop on the way in?

Kyle, you MUST stop. Good food and you can pick me up 6 bottles of Nelson. Win-win!

In all seriousness, yes! You should absolutely stop at Alpine and grab a bite to eat and a pint. Then head next door to the brewery and take some things to go.
5/7/2013 6:19:15 PM

Home > Forums > Beer Travel

Page 1 | 2
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers