Sapporo

Reads 1210 • Replies 15 • Started Thursday, April 2, 2015 10:38:02 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Anyone been recently? There seems to be a lot of new places that aren’t on here. I’ll be there next weekend.

I’ve added some of the new places already but they have no reviews. I was last there about 3 years ago.

Actually, I checked what was on here before I posted. It’s my first time, so have no idea what is new or not, apart from by judging what’s not on here. Guess I’ll have some adding to do when I get back.

TimE
beers 8459 º places 409 º 20:39 Thu 4/2/2015

I just saw Higurashi is closed, but Sapporo Beer Cellar has opened up and that looks cool.

I would say North Island Beer Bar is a must. I had a great time there with lots of NI beers I haven’t seen in Tokyo. Sapporo beer factory is also really good - amazing atmosphere.

I went to a couple other places back in 2012, but never added them to the database, sorry.

tim

Thanks for the advice. These are the other new places we have spotted and are considering.
????Brewing
Cool Beer Craft
Adanonki

Will let you know how they are.

I’ve been to Adanonki and thought I’d added it, a few taps/bottles so so friendly owners.

KyotoLefty
beers 15092 º places 1059 º 07:11 Fri 4/3/2015

There is also Tsuki to Taiyo (????) or something like that. They have a license to brew, and might have 1-2 of their own beers on, as well as other J. craft. Doesn’t mean I am telling you they are good. Have no idea.

Actually that was the first one on my list above, but it seems that this site doesn’t like kanji. We’re definitely going there.

cool, looking forward to your report!

willisread
beers 7331 º places 126 º 09:28 Tue 5/26/2015

SB how did your trip go? My wife is from Sapporo and we go up a few times a year. I haven’t been anywhere that isn’t listed on here actually. Any cool places you found or recommend. I’ll be up for 10 days in July. I went up last year and hit Sapporo Craft Beer Forrest at Ban K and will be going again this year as well.

shoulderbroken
beers 4258 º places 393 º 21:04 Tue 5/26/2015

Few mentions for the places that I added. Beer Cellar Sapporo was great (note the spelling, this is the imported place that is connected to Oregon Beer Geeks but has a much better selection than they did at the festival). Matilda was a really nice and fun place. Tsuki To Taiyo was good fun, but they only had one of their beers. Food was fancy, guest beers a little dull, but seemed a work in progress. Cool Beer Craft wasn’t so exciting but was alright. Really liked Kalahana till people started smoking.