RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Metros > Pacific Northwest | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Seattle Next Week

read 254 times • 9 replies • posted 7/2/2012 1:52:14 PM

Thread Frozen

premium
DYCSoccer17 3290:300
Iíll be in Seattle next week for a conference. Are there any places that fly under the radar that I MUST check out? I already know about Brouwerís and Bottleworks.

Iíll be staying downtown, so I guess Stumbling Monk? Is Uber Tavern worth the hike up north?

thanks
Private message Send the author a private message

premium
after4ever 6062:229
Downtown, Collins Pub is a should, but not a must. Stumbling Monk is similar. Both are good to add to the itinerary if you have more than one night in town.

The Pine Box is a must and itís near downtown.

Uber and Beveridge Place are both a couple miles from downtown and would involve cab rides or a bus trip (including a transfer, in BPPís case). Both are very much worth it; theyíre musts IMO.

I dig Elysian Fields quite a bit but itís a should, not a must.
7/2/2012 2:44:26 PM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
Originally posted by after4ever
Downtown, Collins Pub is a should, but not a must. Stumbling Monk is similar. Both are good to add to the itinerary if you have more than one night in town.

Uber and Beveridge Place are both a couple miles from downtown and would involve cab rides or a bus trip (including a transfer, in BPPís case). Both are very much worth it; theyíre musts IMO.

Thanks for the info. Iíll be in town for 5 days, and I intend on spending 2-3 nights beer hunting. Seattle seems like a logistical nightmare with its sprawl. Hopefully, buses and public transportation can help me out.
7/2/2012 8:59:30 PM

premium
admin
Oakes 12167:630
Originally posted by DYCSoccer17
Originally posted by after4ever

Thanks for the info. Iíll be in town for 5 days, and I intend on spending 2-3 nights beer hunting. Seattle seems like a logistical nightmare with its sprawl. Hopefully, buses and public transportation can help me out.

The buses are actually not that complicated. Iíve used them to get to all the big name places from downtown. I usually ensure a visit to Elysian (either Capitol Hill or Fields) and Big Time. The Capitol Hill one is easy to incorporate into an evening with Stumbling Monk.
7/2/2012 9:25:30 PM

CheersMate 1305:159
Itís not really a logistical nightmare, as you suppose. I believe the 358 bus route will take you, roughly, from the Space Needle to within a 5-10 minute walk from Bottleworks, and 15 minutes to Brouwers. The bus trip is ~20 minutes, one way.

Bottleworks and Brouwers are in opposite directions of one another. After going to those two places, itís a short cab ride over to Uber. The greatest part is, as long as you can stumble from Uberís front door to the curb, youíll have made it to the bus stop that will take you back downtown.

The 358 route is a little fucked up, so just be patient with the crowd.

I feel that the above places are most definitely worth your time. Also, if youíre going to go to Stumbling Monk, make sure you visit the QFC off of Broadway. They have a fairly decent selection, and you wonít be let down. Plus, it may save you some cash, if you go there, prior to going to Bottleworks.

Let me know if youíre up for a beer at Bottleworks. I live just a few minutes away.

Cheers and have a good fucking time.
7/2/2012 9:31:20 PM

premium
5000 6184:
Casey,

I am am about 15 minutes away from either Bottleworks or Brouwers. If you want to meet up for a brew, or four, send me a PM. Kevin is right about the buses. The 358 will take you from downtown to basically the doorstep of Uber (on 99). Either the 26 or 28 will go from downtown to Fremont where you can easily get to Brouwers. From Brouwers its a short cab ride or a 40 minute walk to Big Time. Probably easier to get to Big Time if you go from Bottleworks, using the #44. Stumbling and Pine Box arenít too far from downtown, from the retail area (Westlake Mall). Collins and Elysian Fields are very short walks if you are already downtown.

Anyway, send me a PM if you think you will make it out to Fremont (Brouwers) or Wallingford (Botleworks). Heck, I would even walk the extra 10 minutes to go to Big Time. Iím an early riser (4am for work), so the sooner in the day the better.

Cheers, and happy hunting!

Andre

7/2/2012 9:50:08 PM

PacNWDad 64:
There is also a beer festival Seattle Center July 6-8 if you are around then.

Originally posted by DYCSoccer17
Iíll be in Seattle next week for a conference. Are there any places that fly under the radar that I MUST check out? I already know about Brouwerís and Bottleworks.

Iíll be staying downtown, so I guess Stumbling Monk? Is Uber Tavern worth the hike up north?

thanks

7/5/2012 5:57:39 PM

premium
I see that HOTD Boubon FFTW was just released. Did you guys get any of that in Seattle last year? Or should I just Amtrak down to PDX for that?
7/5/2012 7:01:36 PM

premium
Ok, so I pretty much have all day on Weds 7/11 and Sun 7/15, so I will likely be going to Brouwers/Bottleworks/Uber on one of those days, and the other day, it makes sense to go to Beveridge Place. Uber might get night to itself, though.

I have evenings open Tues, Thur, Fri, and Sat. I figure that I can walk to Collins/Elysian Fields one of those nights (unless walking from the Westin to those places is a bad idea at night), and another night will include Pine Box/Stumbling Monk/QFC (Probably makes more sense to do this on Tuesday, but I will be arriving that night, so I might not be in the mood)

7/5/2012 8:12:46 PM

PacNWDad 64:
The Tap Room downtown has a good selection, too.
7/7/2012 11:36:07 AM

Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers
add
Advanced Search