Seattle Oct 2-8, w/poss Portland addition?

Reads 410 • Replies 7 • Started Thursday, September 18, 2014 8:38:28 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

iowaherkeye
beers 2703 º places 29 º 20:38 Thu 9/18/2014

Already posted in the PacNorthwest forum, just trying to get a little more exposure and tips.

Hello Seattleites! Turns out I’m heading up to you folks for a wedding in a couple of weeks. Trying to figure out what the heck to do, since I’ve never been.

Was hoping for the Elysian pumpkin fest thing, but looks like tickets are already sold out. I think Saturday night and all day Sunday will be devoted to beer stuff.

I think the plan is to airbnb in the Fremont area, since it seems to have Hale’s, Brouwers, Fremont Brewing, etc.

Is Toronado worth a darn? I think it’s been open for a couple of months at this point, and hopefully has the kinks worked out by now.

Possibly Portland on Monday and Tuesday, though I feel like it’s such a short trip that there is more than enough to do in Seattle. That said, I’ve never been to Portland, either, and would love to his up Cascade/Raccoon Lodge and Hair of the Dog.

Someone that knows what’s up please help guide me! I think we were already going to do the space needle/Seattle Center and Pike Place (along with Pike brewing)on Friday.

Not everything needs to be beer related. I don’t think we need to check out any regular ol museums. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Joey

Lectvay
beers 191 º 08:31 Fri 9/19/2014

I’m a big fan of Beer Junction in West Seattle. It’s a great beer store with lots of taps. They typically do a big pumpkin celebration in the fall, so if you’re into that and missed out on Elysian that might be worth checking out. I’d also recommend eating some Ethiopian and Vietnamese food while you’re in town!

iowaherkeye
beers 2703 º places 29 º 13:47 Fri 9/19/2014

Sweet, thanks for the tip. I was talking to one of my friends and he suggested I hit up West Seattle, as apparently there’s a lot of good stuff going on over there. Mainly beer-related, though.

Lectvay
beers 191 º 13:59 Fri 9/19/2014

I grew up in West Seattle and might be biased, but I think it’s definitely worth the visit. Alki Beach on a clear day, with its amazing view of downtown and the Olympic Penninsula, is the most beautiful thing you will find in Seattle, in my opinion. Eat at Marination Ma’Kai while you’re on the beach. Another terrific restaurant, near Beer Junction, is Ma’ono Chicken and Whiskey.

Getbetter
beers 1033 º places 17 º 14:05 Tue 9/23/2014

I would show up to the Elysian Pumpkin festival and just keep asking people if they have an extra ticket. It’s my favorite beer festival I have ever been to.

iowaherkeye
beers 2703 º places 29 º 16:48 Wed 10/1/2014

Sounds like our Friday is spoken for, and the wedding is Saturday, so no festival for us. Oh well.

iowaherkeye
beers 2703 º places 29 º 16:48 Wed 10/1/2014

Originally posted by Lectvay
I grew up in West Seattle and might be biased, but I think it’s definitely worth the visit. Alki Beach on a clear day, with its amazing view of downtown and the Olympic Penninsula, is the most beautiful thing you will find in Seattle, in my opinion. Eat at Marination Ma’Kai while you’re on the beach. Another terrific restaurant, near Beer Junction, is Ma’ono Chicken and Whiskey.

Sweet. Thanks for the reply. I’m going to try to talk her into a day in West Seattle :)

mikedR
beers 1561 º places 22 º 19:07 Wed 10/1/2014

My vote for best bottle shop is totally Full Throttle in S Seattle. Good friends with the owner. She will take care of you.