Secret Santa Winter 2014 Hauls

Reads 11312 • Replies 132 • Started Thursday, January 16, 2014 9:16:09 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

tricyclist
beers 1125 º 11:47 Wed 2/12/2014

I’m not sure what to do in this scenario. I just got off the phone with UPS and they said because they made three attempts to deliver the box and the driver didn’t feel safe leaving it at the door (which is a new excuse to me) then they’ve sent it back to me. I did not now nor have I ever required a signature... They told me there is nothing I can do to fix this and it’s already en route back to Florida and cannot be returned back to Washington, and I’ll have to resend it. I feel terribly in this scenario and don’t want my recipient, Gcurlow, to have to wait, but in that box are beers I can’t replace.

I hope this clears up the issue and I promise I’ll have it fixed as soon as I can, which as UPS has told me, will not be until I receive the box back.

I’m not sure why they didn’t tell you they stopped by and had a package that would be returned and that the driver refused to leave it at the door.

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 11:49 Wed 2/12/2014

Shouldn’t be an issue if you resend, not your fault and shit happens. Perhaps try fedex or send to a different address (work)?

fiver29
beers 1112 º places 52 º 11:55 Wed 2/12/2014

Santa dropped off a package at my house today! I stopped home for a late lunch and found it waiting. Unfortunately 2 bottles did not make it. The Brewdog Cocoa Psycho was in a million pieces. And the Zlatý Bažant 19% Medový Porter leaked completely, but was not broken. Must have been a bad seal.

I’m really stoked to try the rest of the box:

Urpiner Exclusive 16%
Ridgeway Foreign Export Stout
Salopian Entire Butt
Ridgeway Querkus
Kaltenecker Chopper IPA Grand Champion 2012
BrewDog Paradox Isle of Arran (Batch 016)

Thanks a ton Santa!!!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7407/12485177243_dd1e59223c_z.jpg

GCurlow
beers 2 º places 1 º 12:00 Wed 2/12/2014

Thanks everyone for your insight into this. I contacted my Secret Santa and we’ll figure things out.

I live in a secure part of Seattle and have never had an issue before. Must be a new driver.

madbeerbaron
beers 19 º places 1 º 13:32 Wed 2/12/2014

Thanks a bunch South Carolina Santa! Some good stuff in here.
http://imgur.com/HbIfVam

arminjewell
beers 9756 º places 10 º 13:59 Wed 2/12/2014

Got a great haul from KY today! Unfortunately both Against the Grain 5 Roses bottles froze with one shattering, but very excited for the rest of this box! Had to redirect the shipment, so was probably out in the cold too long.

Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Stout
Wolavers Alta Gracia Coffee Porter
Choc/Prairie Collaboration Wild Brew Spelt Saison (WL)
Jester King Farmhouse Black Metal Stout (WL)
Anchorage Darkest Hour (WL)

Thanks a ton!

robinvboyer
beers 7541 º places 104 º 14:33 Wed 2/12/2014

Originally posted by tricyclist
I’m not sure what to do in this scenario. I just got off the phone with UPS and they said because they made three attempts to deliver the box and the driver didn’t feel safe leaving it at the door (which is a new excuse to me) then they’ve sent it back to me. I did not now nor have I ever required a signature... They told me there is nothing I can do to fix this and it’s already en route back to Florida and cannot be returned back to Washington, and I’ll have to resend it. I feel terribly in this scenario and don’t want my recipient, Gcurlow, to have to wait, but in that box are beers I can’t replace.

I hope this clears up the issue and I promise I’ll have it fixed as soon as I can, which as UPS has told me, will not be until I receive the box back.

I’m not sure why they didn’t tell you they stopped by and had a package that would be returned and that the driver refused to leave it at the door.

I work for a courrier company, and we always leave door knockers. The recipient just has to sign them, and when i re attempt the next day, i just take the door knocker and leave the box. Were no door knockers left?

GCurlow
beers 2 º places 1 º 07:51 Thu 2/13/2014

Massive thanks to HonkeyBra! Such an incredible package!

Founders Old Curmudgeon
Goose Island Bourbon County Stout
Goose Island Bourbon County Barleywine
Three Floyds Dark Lord
Pipeworks Ninja vs. Unicorn
Pipeworks Blood of the Unicorn
New Glarus Serendipity

Thanks again! I’ve been wanting to try more beers from Pipeworks and the Dark Lord is such a treat!

fiver29
beers 1112 º places 52 º 21:20 Sat 2/15/2014

After having time to digest my box I want to say this has been the best Secret Santa I’ve participated in to date. Getting a whole box full of beer that fits the styles I most like was awesome!!!!

Thank you so much Santa!!! You Rock!!

joeneugs
beers 6372 º places 240 º 07:54 Sun 2/16/2014

Has everyone received their boxes? I haven’t got my box or a tracking number yet, and Santa isn’t answering my messages. If my secret santa sees this, could you contact me personally and let me know when you’ll be sending my box? Thanks!

Trading Policy  

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer

View Beer Deliveries
New To Trading?
Mail Order Beer
 P  Most Wanted Beer