RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Shipping beer to Massachusetts

read 3104 times • 14 replies • posted 5/14/2008 6:46:30 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2

premium
altonbrownd 3681:213
I am going to be spending a week in Massachusetts in June and would like to order some quality beverages for arrival before I get there. (I am also in possession of a U.S. credit card.)

I looked at a number of sites recommended by RateBeer but I am finding the US shipping policies very difficult. Almost every site I go to will only ship beer within state.

Can anyone recommend any sites that ship to Massachusetts?

Many thanks in advance,

Martin.
Private message Send the author a private message

premium
OldGrowth 2675:172
as far as I knew Massachusetts was one of the states that didnít let consumers have direct shipping, but I havenít lived there or tried to do any direct shipping in a few years. My only experience is when my inlaws signed me up for a beer of the month club and it got denied do to me living in Massachusetts. There was a campaign for rule changes, more by wine retailer though I believe beer would of piggy backed, but I donít know how it ended, if it has at all.
That being said Massachusetts has a wonderful beer selection and depending on where you are staying you arenít that far from a good beer store.
5/14/2008 7:22:26 AM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
blklab2007 1974:17
it does seem mass. is a hard to ship to state. i have recently ordered from hi-time wines and had a great experience. they do list mass as a state that they can ship to but only by way of 2índ day shipping for whatever reason. the shipping cost will be more and i assume someone will have to sign for it as i had to but at least the beer can be sent there. https://www.hitimewine.net/index.asp
good luck this is the only one i could find.
5/14/2008 9:45:53 AM

deepsouth 23:2
Originally posted by blklab2007
it does seem mass. is a hard to ship to state. i have recently ordered from hi-time wines and had a great experience. they do list mass as a state that they can ship to but only by way of 2índ day shipping for whatever reason. the shipping cost will be more and i assume someone will have to sign for it as i had to but at least the beer can be sent there. https://www.hitimewine.net/index.asp

that sites shipping policy says.....

***Shipping Spirits in California Only at this time***
5/14/2008 9:59:45 AM

JohnC 3000:155
Originally posted by deepsouth

"Spirits" usually implies hard liquor. Beer & wine are usually discussed separately. I work near Hi Time. If I donít go over there at lunch, Iíll just call and ask if they ship beer to Mass. and report back.
5/14/2008 10:16:17 AM

Originally posted by JohnC

"Spirits" usually implies hard liquor. Beer & wine are usually discussed separately. I work near Hi Time. If I donít go over there at lunch, Iíll just call and ask if they ship beer to Mass. and report back.

can you check to see if they will ship to mississippi?

cheers
5/14/2008 11:09:40 AM

Originally posted by JohnC

can you check to see if they will ship to mississippi?

cheers

sure, but since youíre in the US, you can just call their toll free number (800)331-3005 and ask. I was going to check for martinboer since heís in the Netherlands and canít use the 800 number
5/14/2008 1:06:52 PM

gotcha. iíll do that.
5/14/2008 1:23:32 PM

getting back to martinboerís original question,

Yes, Hi Time Cellars ships to Mass.

In addition to the cost of the beer, they estimated $37 in shipping costs and it would take 5 business days to ship from here in Calif to Mass.
5/14/2008 1:37:43 PM

and not that there are a bunch of mississippi people here, but.....

they will not ship to mississippi.
5/14/2008 1:43:14 PM

premium
OldGrowth 2675:172
Originally posted by martinboer
I am going to be spending a week in Massachusetts in June
Martin.

Where ya staying? Might be able to find you a good beer store, if you already havenít looked
5/14/2008 1:51:07 PM

Home > Forums > Beer Talk

Page 1 | 2
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers