Shitty Beer Night!

Reads 3396 • Replies 80 • Started Tuesday, July 23, 2013 3:18:03 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

I won’t risk having any Eastern European beers. Sometimes you can find one that isn’t at all that bad, plus even the worst beers produced in Poland or Lithuania can’t compete with their UK counterparts for shitness.

Originally posted by DanielBrown
Originally posted by tommann
Looks like I’ll be driving to brum to trawl the eastern European offies, it’s been a while; I’m looking forward to it!

Super Zabka at the bottom of Rookery Road is well worth a go. Grabbed a new Svyturys there the other day. Supersam (also on Rookery Road) offered up 3 new ones for me too - Starovar and 2 x Sopockie, which I have just added, having tracked them down as the work of Perla (Van Pur). The Sopockie Premium was quite good.

Is that Rookery Rd - Handsworth or Selly Oak? I used to get some from an off licence in West Brom, but they seem to have cut back on the variety.

DanielBrown
beers 4668 º places 360 º 15:49 Sat 8/3/2013

Originally posted by SarkyNorthener
Looks like I’ll be driving to brum to trawl the eastern European offies, it’s been a while; I’m looking forward to it!

Super Zabka at the bottom of Rookery Road is well worth a go. Grabbed a new Svyturys there the other day. Supersam (also on Rookery Road) offered up 3 new ones for me too - Starovar and 2 x Sopockie, which I have just added, having tracked them down as the work of Perla (Van Pur). The Sopockie Premium was quite good.

Is that Rookery Rd - Handsworth or Selly Oak? I used to get some from an off licence in West Brom, but they seem to have cut back on the variety.

Handsworth. Supersam and Super Zabka are both good.

Originally posted by SarkyNorthener

Handsworth. Supersam and Super Zabka are both good.

Thanks, will have to try them. If you come across any Zywiec Porter on your travels around the area can you let me know where please. Still can’t track one down.

mR_fr0g
beers 29121 º places 44 º 15:57 Sat 8/3/2013

I was hoping that the Euston tap still had the de molen raad & daad on. I could have ordered a half on my way home. It would have been in keeping with the shitty beer night. Posh shitty beer at that.

DanielBrown
beers 4668 º places 360 º 16:00 Sat 8/3/2013

Phew - I wish! Haven’t seen it in ages. Utenos Porter is available at Lithuanica and is a reasonable substitute.

BTW did you get to Birmingham Beer Bash?

Phew - I wish! Haven’t seen it in ages. Utenos Porter is available at Lithuanica and is a reasonable substitute.

BTW did you get to Birmingham Beer Bash?

Thanks, I have tried the Utenos dark, but not the porter.

Couldn’t make the Birmingham beer bash. Had to go back home to Yorkshire for a birthday party again so turned it into a short holiday around the area.

Hopefully it will be on again next year, sounded like it was a great success. Well done!

I love the idea of shitty beer night. My beer hunting life often revolves around seeking out and consuming some generally terrible lager-variants. Amongst the low-lights of my recent ’terrible beer’ finds, this one is worthy of note:

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/glubczyce-specjal-ekstra-mocne/62679/7204/

Awful. I’m wasn’t even sure it was real. I thought it might be some kind of racist ploy to kill Polish beer fans.

Some Polish beers are poles apart! (see what I did there?)

<*))))))><

Originally posted by BlackHaddock
I love the idea of shitty beer night. My beer hunting life often revolves around seeking out and consuming some generally terrible lager-variants. Amongst the low-lights of my recent ’terrible beer’ finds, this one is worthy of note:

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/glubczyce-specjal-ekstra-mocne/62679/7204/

Awful. I’m wasn’t even sure it was real. I thought it might be some kind of racist ploy to kill Polish beer fans.

Some Polish beers are poles apart! (see what I did there?)

<*))))))><

According to the Office of Fake Statistics (OFS) one of the main reasons the Polish beer drinkers decided to move over to sunny England was to get away from that particular brand of lager and start a better life with Carling.
They will be horrified when they find out it has finally caught up with them and is now on sale in the leafy suburbs of Shit Brom.

harrisoni
beers 25356 º places 68 º 00:56 Sun 8/4/2013

I bought some Spanish shitty beers in Budgens yesterday so will be opening those on Tuesday night.