RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Trade | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Please only add substantive and/or positive replies. No unauthorized sales. More guidelines.

So I made a trade and...

read 3248 times • 40 replies • posted 5/8/2013 10:39:27 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

stumpyiliz 215:7
Someone left a bottle out of a trade (mistaken or not, I donít know) and has not sent it to me since I sent him a message letting him know the beer that was supposed to b in the box, was not. Iíve sent multiple messages and gotten 1 response. But I still have not seen the bottle that was supposed to be in the trade. It has been over a month so far since Iíve heard anything.

Anyone have an idea how I can get this taken care of without leaving negative feedback?

I have f@cked up before and ate the additional shipping and the $30 beer I mis-shipped.

Iíve also been recently taken care of by another RB member who mis shipped me a loss twice but managed to get me all the bottles we agreed on and then some.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers
Private message Send the author a private message

AZBennett 114:
I recently was on the same end as you. Thankfully my trading partner was quick to respond and instead of having him just ship the missing bottle we set up a second trade so he could just add the missing items. I hope you get your missing bottle as it seems like it was something more important than the other beers you did receive. Personally I am a nice guy and would probably wait a week more while I attempted to resolve this with a few more messages before reporting. I am also a relatively new trader so I would be quick to respond if it was me who had left you out to dry (I donít want the bad rep). I wish I could help you out more but thatís just my 2 cents.
5/8/2013 10:49:24 PM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
bytemesis 3152:367
I have had it happen once, but the missing bottle was sent as soon as I brought it up, plus an extra. I have gone with the "throw it into a follow up trade" option a couple times for broken bottles.

And yeah, I screwed up once too and sent something other than what was agreed on, but I made it right with a followup shipment, plus bonus.

But in answer to your question, if the guy is non responsive, negative feedback, plus contacting TheBeerSommelier, is your best option. You can always update your feedback when/if the issue gets resolved.
5/8/2013 10:53:47 PM

premium
angrypirate06 1387:18
Originally posted by bytemesis
I have had it happen once, but the missing bottle was sent as soon as I brought it up, plus an extra. I have gone with the "throw it into a follow up trade" option a couple times for broken bottles.

And yeah, I screwed up once too and sent something other than what was agreed on, but I made it right with a followup shipment, plus bonus.

But in answer to your question, if the guy is non responsive, negative feedback, plus contacting TheBeerSommelier, is your best option. You can always update your feedback when/if the issue gets resolved.

Gotta agree with Byte on this one. If you reached out and they havenít made an attempt to fix it, then negative feedback is the way to go. Can always update later if the issue is resolved.
5/8/2013 10:57:07 PM

premium
GT2 8435:598
Iíve done almost 150 trades between here and ba, and only have had one person screw me over by not even sending a box whatsoever after doing two other trades previously. They still log onto this site and rate, but their handle will never be able to trade again.

For trade mix ups, if anyone messed up the box has arrived very quickly with the mixup bottle plus bonuses.
5/8/2013 11:01:38 PM

premium
cgarvieuk 14287:150
I had one guy miss a beer on an international Trade.

If it hadnt been the one i really wanted Id have just let it drop.

But i knew id struggle to find it else where.

On private advice i emailed him, he sent it and 2-3 others.

International shipping is a bitch, so it was very generous of him to send more, as id have been happy with just the missing beer.

But if heís missed a beer, its up to him to sort it, and discussing options with you should be his first port of call. COMUNICATION guys really helps.

good luck gtting it sorted
5/8/2013 11:07:19 PM

premium
Homer321 1887:22
As someone who accidentally shorted a new trader, once I was contacted, I immediately offered to ship the beer. I think it would have cost about $20 to send $6 of beer, so I was lucky that the trader was willing to work out a second trade for some other stuff. Which turned out great because he will be sending some beer I am really looking forward to.

I also had one bottle cap get dinged in shipment, and it leaked a little. The trader contacted me, and I send three bombers of shelf stuff from his wants to make up for it, since the leaked beer was hard to get.

Both cases have turned into multiple trades now, so I am (a) bummed it happened, and (b) glad I developed two great trading partners...Not that you care about my trading experiences, so I will get to my point now.

When was the last time the guy logged on? It could be that he/she doesnít log on but a couple times per week.

Iím assuming you didnít ship first since you have 30+ trades, but...Iíve heard in some cases if you ship first and bottles arrive damaged, the trader will adjust their end accordingly. Luckily in my case #2 above, the trader contacted me, and I told them I would send the best I could to make up, and he fulfilled his entire side of the trade.

Not sure if itís appropriate to ask, but how many trades does the person have? I would like to think you could give them the benefit of the doubt if it were someone with many trades - maybe life got in the way, maybe they forgot, maybe they didnít get them from another trade yet and only shipped half to begin with...who knows. Good luck with resolving it.
5/9/2013 3:40:09 AM

time4lunch 1
I have actually packed up a wrong bottle and shipped it out..when it was brought to my attention I packed up the correct bottle with an extra and shipped it out the following day. My guy on the other end kept the íwrongí bottle as well and in turn sent some cali goodies my way.

5/9/2013 5:38:33 AM

premium
cgarvieuk 14287:150
I think the stories show, that its not a cut dried he has to send you X.

If thats all you want then he still should, but that if you talk and work from there, maybe you can both walk away happy.

5/9/2013 5:40:21 AM

premium
budznsudz 557:9
Sounds pretty shady, not to mention careless. If he doesnít make good then he deserves negative feedback in my opinion.
5/9/2013 5:53:26 AM

premium
BlowOffTube 472:2
Was it trooper?
5/9/2013 6:03:15 AM

Home > Forums > Beer Trade

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

Trading Policy  

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer

View Beer Deliveries
New To Trading?
Mail Order Beer
 P  Most Wanted Beer
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer