RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Food and Beer | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

southern tier and oven roasted sea bass

read 306 times • 2 replies • posted 6/26/2013 7:31:32 AM

Thread Frozen

pinkie 470:10
Holy WoW! Is Southern Tierís Imperial Compass fantastic! Please serve it with oven roasted sea bass with a ginger and lime.

2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon chopped peeled fresh ginger
1 tablespoon minced shallot
5 teaspoons light or regular olive oil

2 6-ounce sea bass fillets (each about 3/4 inch thick)

Preheat the oven to 350-375 and then pour over the combined ingredients above. Bake covered until opaque in the center. Some people will say to put your oven much higher for sea bass but donít listen. ST Imperial Compass deserves a lot of attention and many pairings. I swear itís that good. If you donít have cilantro just leave it out. You can use ground ginger with very good results if you donít have fresh. Don"t be afraid of walnuts or to go the other way entirely toward spicy with cajun or oriental spices. Rosemary, thyme are always good on baked fish. This beer is so light and has such a clean and clear palate that I think it pairs perfectly with the very unique flavor of sea bass.
Private message Send the author a private message

premium
Billicus 289:16
Originally posted by pinkie
Holy WoW! Is Southern Tierís Imperial Compass fantastic! Please serve it with oven roasted sea bass with a ginger and lime.

2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon chopped peeled fresh ginger
1 tablespoon minced shallot
5 teaspoons light or regular olive oil

sounds good

2 6-ounce sea bass fillets (each about 3/4 inch thick)

Preheat the oven to 350-375 and then pour over the combined ingredients above. Bake covered until opaque in the center. Some people will say to put your oven much higher for sea bass but donít listen. ST Imperial Compass deserves a lot of attention and many pairings. I swear itís that good. If you donít have cilantro just leave it out. You can use ground ginger with very good results if you donít have fresh. Don"t be afraid of walnuts or to go the other way entirely toward spicy with cajun or oriental spices. Rosemary, thyme are always good on baked fish. This beer is so light and has such a clean and clear palate that I think it pairs perfectly with the very unique flavor of sea bass.
6/26/2013 1:20:56 PM

Private message send the author a private message

DerWeg 1494:38
íAre they ill-tempered?í
6/28/2013 7:48:50 PM

Private message send the author a private message

Food, Beer Recipes

Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer