Stone Enjoy By *Unfiltered*

Reads 2183 • Replies 26 • Started Thursday, January 14, 2016 8:18:17 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

spacecoyote
17:35 Sun 1/31/2016

Originally posted by spacecoyote
Trying my first bottle, will report back...oh em gee it’s fucking awesome.

Having my second of two 22’s tonight.

Love it.

For me, the kind of consumer that I am, I don’t appreciate the concept of "session" beers and how they’re marketed. Some of us, like me, don’t want a beer that we can "drink all day". We want high octane hops-bomb of the highest quality, so that we can have a couple of glasses of beer at home and not get all bloated trying to achieve boost.

Cheers to fresh and unfiltered face-stealing double IPAs.

SamGamgee
beers 2452 º places 182 º 21:25 Mon 2/1/2016

Would have loved if they had at least ’fuged this to get the chunks out. It’s not really hazy, but clear with a bunch of particles suspended in it. I can’t see how this makes it better at all. There is a middle ground without the sediment.

spacecoyote
21:36 Mon 2/1/2016

Originally posted by SamGamgee
Would have loved if they had at least ’fuged this to get the chunks out. It’s not really hazy, but clear with a bunch of particles suspended in it. I can’t see how this makes it better at all. There is a middle ground without the sediment.

What format were your bottles?

I had the 22oz, and the only chunks I had in my glass was when I hard-poured the sediment from one of the bottles.

Naven
beers 1000 º places 109 º 21:44 Mon 2/1/2016

Mine was chunky as all get out and I loved it. This and Enjoy by Black were huge surprises considering I had almost written Stone off.

SamGamgee
beers 2452 º places 182 º 10:15 Tue 2/2/2016

Originally posted by spacecoyote
Originally posted by SamGamgee

What format were your bottles?

I had the 22oz, and the only chunks I had in my glass was when I hard-poured the sediment from one of the bottles.

Bomber. There shouldn’t be 1/2 in of chunks on the bottom of the bottle. That second pour was brutal.

joeneugs
beers 6372 º places 240 º 10:22 Tue 2/2/2016

It wasn’t even all that super hazy on draft, only lightly hazed. Definitely not chunky. I’m not sure I would’ve liked it as much with all the settleable solids.