Supermarket sweep 2014

Reads 2188 • Replies 38 • Started Thursday, February 27, 2014 3:54:43 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

wigglyworm99
beers 2091 º places 53 º 15:54 Thu 2/27/2014

It’s not a supermarket, but my local Bargain Booze is currently selling Colt 45. It may be your only chance in the UK to tick off the fabled "malt liquor" style, and at a mere £1 for a can!

Although not owned by the same company, I believe the Rhythm & Booze chain share the same supply chain as Bargain Booze, so you might want to try there if you haven’t got a Bargain Booze locally.

Incidentally, they’re also selling Point beers and Coopers on the cheap, about £1 a bottle I think.

wheresthepath
beers 3440 º places 278 º 16:29 Thu 2/27/2014

Originally posted by dynamiteninja
It’s not a supermarket, but my local Bargain Booze is currently selling Colt 45.

That sounds a tasty beer from the reviews. I’m glad to hear it’s got a "historic affiliation with Billy Dee Williams" (??!)

Thanks for the info though, have never plucked up the courage to go in one of these classy-looking establishments on the rare occasions I’ve seen them, but on the basis of your info I might be tempted to have a quick peek if I ever pass one again.

stravale
beers 3336 º places 1 º 17:59 Thu 2/27/2014

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 18:11 Thu 2/27/2014

Originally posted by wheresthepath
Thanks for the info though, have never plucked up the courage to go in one of these classy-looking establishments on the rare occasions I’ve seen them

Bloody hell, I’ve just checked and there’s one within half a mile of my house that I didn’t know existed.

SarkyNorthener
beers 5200 º places 142 º 21:51 Thu 2/27/2014

I go to rythm and booze whenever I visit the family back in yorkshire. Great for cheap ticks from US, Canada and some rareties from Africa.

SarkyNorthener
beers 5200 º places 142 º 21:54 Thu 2/27/2014

Noticed tesco have a new range of their own craft beers. They have a hefe, a california steam beer, saison and a few others at 4 for a fiver.

Fin
beers 17267 º places 1653 º 00:22 Fri 2/28/2014

Originally posted by SarkyNorthener
Noticed tesco have a new range of their own craft beers. They have a hefe, a california steam beer, saison and a few others at 4 for a fiver.

Who are they brewed by?

SarkyNorthener
beers 5200 º places 142 º 00:42 Fri 2/28/2014

Originally posted by Fin

Who are they brewed by?

I didnt get chance to look, but will have a look tomorrow.

Originally posted by Fin

Who are they brewed by?

Seems like they are all marstons. Maybe its a marstons brand rather thsn tesco.

jjsint
beers 7710 º places 1334 º 01:30 Mon 3/3/2014

The existing ’revisionist’ Marstons beers are currently under Banks’ brewing. Except for the California Common which has been entered (twice) under Marstons...

Leighton
beers 33700 º places 1204 º 02:09 Mon 3/3/2014

Originally posted by chriso
Originally posted by wheresthepath
Thanks for the info though, have never plucked up the courage to go in one of these classy-looking establishments on the rare occasions I’ve seen them

Bloody hell, I’ve just checked and there’s one within half a mile of my house that I didn’t know existed.

Chris, get it together, man!