RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Non-US | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

The Copenhagen Beer Week

read 2920 times • 36 replies • posted 2/22/2012 10:25:17 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

premium
Papsoe 25094:4
Many have probably heard of Copenhagen Beer Celebration (CBC) an event arranged by Mikkeller and cohorts featuring some of the world’s best brewers – nothing less.
This small and intimate festival sold out in no time.

However, there’s still plenty of reasons to come visit:

May 10th-13th will see the craziest concentration of beer events in Copenhagen ever. If anybody has been contemplating exploring the Danish beer scene now is the time!

Jeppe (owner of Ølbutikken, Evil Twin Brewing and co-owner of importer Drikkeriget) told me today, that there’s 50 tickets left for the almost historic Sour & Bitter event which will see the re-release of 3 Fonteinen Framboos – and today it was made public that guests can buy to bottles of Framboos for takeaway.
More info

Also in the same week is the 3 day Copenhagen Beer Festival – probably one of the best organized beer festivals in Europe featuring arond 1000 different beers and around 65 brewers and importers - amongst many others Nørrebro, Amager and….Kølster!
Opening hours are:
Thursday: 16-23
Friday: 13-23
Saturday: 13-23
Tickets in the door are 100 Danish kroner a day ($18), all beers are purchased with tokens priced at 10 Dkr ($1.75) which buys you a 3½oz sample – or 2oz for the rarer or more expensive beers.
AND it’s probably the only beer festival in the world with designated seating for ratebeerians… booth # 68
More info here

Besides this there’s often special events taking place at the many beer bars and brewpubs in Copenhagen. Also Malmö, Sweden is only a 30 minute train ride away with lots of high class beery destinations.

Hope to see many ratebeerians here in May – feel free to post any questions you may have.

Cheers
Papsoe
Private message Send the author a private message

premium
admin
joet 2052:88
I so want to go.
2/22/2012 1:24:12 PM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
TURDFERGUSON 3912:152
Scrolled past b/c I’m jealous
2/22/2012 1:27:24 PM

Jeppe 2631:84
We are trying to plan a or a few open brew days at Amager Bryghus also!
2/22/2012 1:35:45 PM

premium
admin
joet 2052:88
before or after the weekend?
2/22/2012 1:38:26 PM

premium
Papsoe 25094:4
Originally posted by joet
I so want to go.

Would be great seeing you here Joe
2/22/2012 1:45:28 PM

spdyfire83 32:
Stoked for this epic long weekend of beer!

My pocket book hurts already.

PS: If anyone has some Blåbær they’d be willing to trade me, shoot me a message and hopefully we can work something out. I’ve been wanting to try that beer forever and am hopeful it will happen in the city it originates from. Cheers!
2/24/2012 3:07:01 AM

rvdoorn 13:
Originally posted by spdyfire83

PS: If anyone has some Blåbær they’d be willing to trade me, shoot me a message and hopefully we can work something out. I’ve been wanting to try that beer forever and am hopeful it will happen in the city it originates from. Cheers!

The Blabaer can be bought at Mikkeller bar (no take away though) ( http://mikkeller.dk/index.php?id=91&bar_id=3&land=1). No need to trade heavy for this one!
Cheers my friend
2/24/2012 3:20:45 AM

Christian 10778:236
2/24/2012 3:38:46 AM

spdyfire83 32:
Originally posted by rvdoorn
Originally posted by spdyfire83

The Blabaer can be bought at Mikkeller bar (no take away though) ( http://mikkeller.dk/index.php?id=91&bar_id=3&land=1). No need to trade heavy for this one!
Cheers my friend

Well played sir! Can’t wait to meet up in Copenhagen and at the beginning of June.
2/24/2012 4:29:27 AM

premium
ClubGonzo 3509:33
Originally posted by Jeppe
We are trying to plan a or a few open brew days at Amager Bryghus also!

When? I’d definitely like to get a piece of that action!
2/24/2012 5:39:23 AM

Home > Forums > Non-US

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers