RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Homebrew | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

The new guy

read 681 times • 15 replies • posted 12/16/2013 5:24:12 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2

rane 868:2
Originally posted by JulienHuxley
I think kapslingapparat is probably a bottle capper, and capsules are probably just bottle caps.

If that indeed is the price, that’s outrageous.

Yes it´s a bottle capper plus bottle caps. And yes the price is outrageous for 4 litres even by danish standards. Another time I would recommend you to put a post in the danish forum regarding translation issues. Usually there´s quick response.
12/17/2013 6:03:46 AM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
bitbucket 2159:63
Originally posted by rane
Originally posted by JulienHuxley
I think kapslingapparat is probably a bottle capper, and capsules are probably just bottle caps.

If that indeed is the price, that’s outrageous.

Yes it´s a bottle capper plus bottle caps. And yes the price is outrageous for 4 litres even by danish standards.

I know the OP probably won’t be shopping on Amazon, but the following two items combined are $20 less than the Mikkeller kit. Way more equipment and you can do a five gallon batch.

Oaked Imperial Stout Home Brew Beer Ingredient Kit
This Ingredient Kit Includes: Hopped Dark Malt Extract (1 can), Unhopped Dark Malt,,, Roasted Barley Grain (.25 lb), Chocolate Grain Malt (.5 lb), Grain Steeping Bag, Nugget, Bottle Caps, Easy To Read Instructions.

Gold Complete Beer Equipment Kit (K7) with 5 Gallon Glass Carboy
Each Equipment Kit Includes: True Brew Handbook & Kit Instructions, 7.8 Gallon Fermenting Bucket, 1 Lid Drilled & Grommet, True Brew Rack & Fill kit, 6 Gallon Glass Carboy, Fermometer Fermentation Thermometer, Small Buon Vino Drilled Stopper, Hydrometer, Bottling Spigot, Emily Double Lever Capper, 3 Piece Airlock, Bottle Brush, C-Brite Sanitizer 8-Pack.

You could use the extra $20 to buy the large stockpot you’ll need to heat/boil everything.
12/17/2013 4:53:58 PM

premium
bitbucket 2159:63
Holy crap. The price of the pot more than doubled since I linked it.
12/18/2013 7:50:51 PM

premium
Cletus 6354:233
hi im cletus and i like to drink beer.
12/18/2013 7:53:53 PM

premium
dnicolaescu 683:36
I started with reading Palmer’s How to Brew (and older edition is available online for free). Bought a 35€ starter kit (equipment only) http://www.brouwland.com/shop/product.asp?cfid=4&id=1365&cat=86&dt=24

Added a Muntons Gold IPA liquid extract kit, a pack of cascade and a one of Safale US-05 yeast (20+5+3€). Turned out drinkable on first attempt.

Brouwland is a huge brewing supplies shop and it’s Belgian as far as I can tell. Their website lists three distributors in Antwerpen alone.
12/19/2013 2:35:44 AM

Home > Forums > Homebrew

Page 1 | 2

Homebrew Shops - A collection of homebrew shops and supply houses submitted by RateBeer readers

Homebrewing Articles - RateBeer Magazine's homebrewing department

Homebrew Recipes - Experiment, share and post your own homebrew recipes

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer

Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers
add