RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Site News | Beer Talk | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

the whale!

read 980 times • 19 replies • posted 4/11/2012 4:47:31 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2

premium
dcschiller 2207:45
Originally posted by kryptic
Originally posted by legion242
One of my all time favorite sports logos!!

No doubt. Wings are first, obviously. After that though, the Whale and Nordiques are right up there with my faves.

Speaking of which, at the season closer Wings v Hawks game on Saturday, there were like 900 Nordiques fans there, (the "Nordiques Nation") and a few had a big sign that said "Stanley Cup 2014: Red Wings v Nordiques"

Watching a tiedhockey game late in the 3rd period or in OT, before OTL were awarded, was MUCH worse than the so called íloser pointí. At least teams play to win instead of playing to loose. Why do so many people forget this? Ties suck.
4/11/2012 2:44:55 PM

Private message send the author a private message

blutt59 5999:152
Made Darylís day
4/11/2012 2:48:48 PM

premium
TheAlum 5575:10

No doubt. Wings are first, obviously. After that though, the Whale and Nordiques are right up there with my faves.

Speaking of which, at the season closer Wings v Hawks game on Saturday, there were like 900 Nordiques fans there, (the "Nordiques Nation") and a few had a big sign that said "Stanley Cup 2014: Red Wings v Nordiques"

Really, the Nordiques logo?? REALLY??

4/11/2012 2:51:10 PM

premium
boto 1828:53
Originally posted by hopscotch
Originally posted by boto
Congrats! Loved the logo, but I always referred to them as the Hartford Failures. One year they were so bad a friend an I wore bags over our heads at a game.

You werenít alone... and it had to sting a little when they won the cup as the Hurricanes.

They picked the right name: When they were in Hartford they BLEW for years.
4/11/2012 3:35:12 PM

premium
Originally posted by dcschiller

Watching a tiedhockey game late in the 3rd period or in OT, before OTL were awarded, was MUCH worse than the so called íloser pointí. At least teams play to win instead of playing to loose. Why do so many people forget this? Ties suck.

**NOT playing to lose.
4/11/2012 3:47:33 PM

kryptic

Who said anything about ties? You win the game in regulation or OT, you get 2 points. You win in a SO you get 1. You lose you get zero. That is how it should be, IMO. Why reward losers with a point?
4/12/2012 8:00:17 AM

premium

Who said anything about ties? You win the game in regulation or OT, you get 2 points. You win in a SO you get 1. You lose you get zero. That is how it should be, IMO. Why reward losers with a point?

That just might work and I wouldnít be opposed to that scenario. Most people that Iíve heard talk about this issue just want a return to the old point system.
4/12/2012 8:27:28 AM

premium
hopscotch 8907:223
Originally posted by hopscotch
Congrats! Loved the logo, but I always referred to them as the Hartford Failures. One year they were so bad a friend an I wore bags over our heads at a game.

You werenít alone... and it had to sting a little when they won the cup as the Hurricanes.

They picked the right name: When they were in Hartford they BLEW for years.

Buh Duh Bum...
4/13/2012 3:43:04 AM

premium
OldStyleCubFan 77:15
I hate the fucking whale. Iíve been a Hurricanes season ticket holder since 2002. Itís so annoying when people on sportscenter and even other teams media still make reference to the Canes being the Whalers. Its been almost 16 years now....move on.
4/13/2012 4:17:05 AM

Home > Forums > Site News

Page 1 | 2
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers