Theme for the next tasting?

Reads 5569 • Replies 107 • Started Wednesday, June 3, 2015 2:07:11 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

lithy
beers 2996 º places 156 º 11:27 Thu 8/13/2015

Hey look at me fucking up quotes when trying to post from my phone.

User52877
places 3 º 17:12 Thu 8/13/2015

Originally posted by lithy
Hey look at me fucking up quotes when trying to post from my phone.

I was wondering what I missed. What were you trying to say?

lithy
beers 2996 º places 156 º 11:00 Fri 8/14/2015

i will grab hitchhikers if no one else has yet, I have been meaning to get down there again anyway.

^That part was me, I just stuck it in the middle of Art’s quote.

I got down there last night. The Grisette was very nice, grabbed a growler of the Berliner. See everyone tomorrow.

User52877
places 3 º 13:06 Fri 8/14/2015

I have some 375ml bottles of the melomel I call Currantly O-tay, that is the Buckwheat honey with black currants. I will bring 6, one to taste and one for each if you guys want one, you will not offend me if you dont want one. The other one we called Kiichigo, a Japanese Knotweed Honey and Red Raspberry, she will need a lot of time in the bottle, and with there only being 8 bottles I am going to leave her alone to mature for a while before take her anywhere. I am going to start another batch of her as soon as I free up a fermenting vessel.

Art, the pina colada has turned a corner and is becoming a monster, but no so much a pina colada one, so I’ll bring a sample of it for you to try. The wife was not happy with the end product so another 3 gallon batch was started this time there will be no roasted coconut in the secondary. It has become the dominant flavor in the first batch, turning it into a coco tostado beverage. The next batch we will try small additions of a coconut extract.

Art
beers 3223 º places 131 º 16:48 Fri 8/14/2015

Eugene that sounds awesome even if there isn’t any pineapple!

I will pick up Moonstomp tomorrow morning.

Art
beers 3223 º places 131 º 08:28 Sat 8/15/2015

Something came up so I can only come for an hour. Basically I’ll come to do the blind tasting and of course try Eugene’s mead then I gotta skip out. Sorry guys!

Beerman6686
beers 6607 º places 149 º 09:21 Sat 8/15/2015

So it is looking like it is going to be pretty hot today. Anyone have any preference on where we hang out? If we go up top, its up 2 flight which means walking down 2 flight to pee. I do have a canopy thing though that could provide some shade. The only issue with being inside is I don’t have a large dining room table because of the setup of my place, so just a large coffee table and a 2 chair hi top table, not that we all have to sit at the same table stairing at each other.

lithy
beers 2996 º places 156 º 09:57 Sat 8/15/2015

I’m ok outside even if its hot. A little shade will be good though.

lithy
beers 2996 º places 156 º 09:59 Sat 8/15/2015

Oh and also, I’m just sitting around so not to invite myself over, but if showing up a little before 2 would mean a few more minutes for Art, I was planning on being there at 2, but I’m free whenever.

Beerman6686
beers 6607 º places 149 º 10:46 Sat 8/15/2015

Originally posted by lithy
Oh and also, I’m just sitting around so not to invite myself over, but if showing up a little before 2 would mean a few more minutes for Art, I was planning on being there at 2, but I’m free whenever.

I’m just cleaning up a few things so you can come whenever you want, if you want to try to help me get some things set up up top beforehand if you’re good with being outside, that would work.