Thornbridge : festival of beer.

Reads 811 • Replies 13 • Started Tuesday, July 1, 2014 1:55:16 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

hopbomber
beers 88 º places 40 º 01:55 Tue 7/1/2014

Anyone going?

Sounds great, booked my camping space weeks ago in the grounds of thornbridge hall.

Hope there are a few interesting one-offs as the line up I’ve seen so far is (relatively) easily obtainable SN and victory beers on keg which doesn’t interest me.

Fin
beers 17269 º places 1653 º 04:24 Tue 7/1/2014

I did seriously consider this as my dad lives very close and I thought that he might want to go, however I have already got six music festivals lined up this summer and one of them is at Bakewell in August so I will get my Thornbridge fix then as they are doing the bar at that one.

Never knew this was on. If its on next year I will be making a big effort to pitch a tent.

madmitch76
beers 36920 º places 240 º 15:02 Tue 7/1/2014

Thornbridge - frustration! Back in the day I would.suggest in most peoples.top.ten. These days still interesting but ......

DanielBrown
beers 4668 º places 360 º 15:10 Tue 7/1/2014

Originally posted by madmitch76
Thornbridge - frustration! Back in the day I would.suggest in most peoples.top.ten. These days still interesting but ......

Say whaaaaat? Thornbridge still brilliant. Halcyon, Jaipur, Kipling, Raven - all masterpieces and super reliable staples of my beer cupboard. On cask and keg around the pubs of Sheff.... Blinding.

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40501 º places 1239 º 15:15 Tue 7/1/2014

yeah - of the last 5 or 6 new releases Ive had, valravn aside, they really haven’t done a lot for me. got to the point when i now see a new thornbridge beer and think ho-hum, what else is new for me, where as before it was a first choice pick.

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40501 º places 1239 º 15:20 Tue 7/1/2014

Originally posted by DanielBrown

Say whaaaaat? Thornbridge still brilliant. Halcyon, Jaipur, Kipling, Raven - all masterpieces and super reliable staples of my beer cupboard. On cask and keg around the pubs of Sheff.... Blinding.

agree on those beers Dan, but as you rightly point out - staples.
what new thornbridge beers have stood out in the last 6 months or so?

DanielBrown
beers 4668 º places 360 º 15:24 Tue 7/1/2014

Originally posted by Theydon_Bois

Fair point. They retain a strong portion of my heart though.

Originally posted by Theydon_Bois

The Raspberry stout with St Eriks was pretty good and Otters tears, although there both about a year ago. The Valravn seems to be getting some good ratings.

hopbomber
beers 88 º places 40 º 05:02 Sun 7/6/2014

Well that was pretty amazing ; beautiful surrounds and great beer

No new ticks for me but was nice to try sn bigfoot on keg

Pete brown talk was entertaining and funny

Beersiveknown
beers 5380 º places 180 º 06:04 Sun 7/6/2014

sequoia, twin peaks, colorado red all decent