RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Top 6 beer cities

read 2967 times • 48 replies • posted 10/2/2012 5:58:32 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

premium
haukur 1282:27
DC ahead of Denver? please somebody explain this logic? Even Manhattan is better than DC...
10/4/2012 2:56:43 AM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
whaleman 2178:25
Originally posted by haukur
DC ahead of Denver? please somebody explain this logic? Even Manhattan is better than DC...

DC metro area, which is 3 separate jurisdictions: DC, Northern Virginia, and Maryland. Iím always surprised by what I can find in Northern Virginia that I donít find at my usual haunts.

10/4/2012 3:03:03 AM

premium
JoeMcPhee 8357:502
Lies, damn lies and statistics. Commercial availability doesnít really capture the vibe or vitality of a given beer scene. When Iím deciding where to travel for beer - I generally donít care about what is available in stores. My $0.02
10/4/2012 5:22:05 AM

RochefortChris 8:1
I know this isnít that big of a city compared to all the ones mentioned on here but Asheville, North Carolina. A bunch of local breweries, huge homebrew scene, some good beer stores taprooms and brew pubs, multiple beer festivals throughout the year and overall a safe haven for beer and beer lovers in the south. It may not have huge selections (though a good selection of hard to find beer for its size) compared to bigger cities but, itís definitely a great beer town.
10/4/2012 5:43:18 AM

JMerritt 1786:72
Originally posted by after4ever
But I tend to think of "great beer cities" as *whatís brewing*...not what I can *shop for*.

Agreed.
10/4/2012 7:48:37 AM

premium
TURDFERGUSON 3948:153
Originally posted by RochefortChris
I know this isnít that big of a city compared to all the ones mentioned on here but Asheville, North Carolina. A bunch of local breweries, huge homebrew scene, some good beer stores taprooms and brew pubs, multiple beer festivals throughout the year and overall a safe haven for beer and beer lovers in the south. It may not have huge selections (though a good selection of hard to find beer for its size) compared to bigger cities but, itís definitely a great beer town.

Itís already been said, but to me, a great beer city should primarily be about Quality > Quantity. But ideally, it would have both. And we are not only talking nice draft and bottle lists and cool beer bars, but also a number of reputable breweries/brewpubs pumping out delicious suds. I feel like there are a select number of cities that really embody the "all about beer" mantra. Philly and NYC ( though there brewery quality is somewhat questionable) on the east coast, and Denver/Boulder, San Diego, San Fran, and LA (though I havenít been so hard to know for sure) and Portland, OR out west. Fuck middle emerica.
10/4/2012 7:27:43 PM

premium
obguthr 3750:20
Escondido, CA

Dexter, MI (middle emerica)

Lakewood, NY

Denver, CO

Muenster, IN (middle emerica)
10/4/2012 9:40:27 PM

LEMONHEAD 1
Maybe DC means Denver Colorodo.Would be closer to making sense.
10/4/2012 9:55:34 PM

premium
3fourths 7976:1269
quantity, quality, experimental AND traditional brewing, public transportation, events, widespread integration of beer culture into mainstream city life... nothing comes close to Portland. enjoy your top 6 list but nothing has come close to Portland in years. DC is a great town to eat and drink but beer is just another thing to that town, not an identity.
10/4/2012 9:59:28 PM

garygreen
I think†Vegas†should also have to be in the list. I had seen many best bars there in†Vegas.

bars ocala
10/4/2012 10:29:03 PM

Home > Forums > Beer Talk

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback