Top Beer Destinations

Reads 3866 • Replies 41 • Started Friday, January 30, 2015 9:04:51 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Travlr
beers 33887 º places 4583 º 09:22 Sat 1/31/2015

Originally posted by Lothore
Let me know if you ever make it back to Russian river travlr ... I live 15 minutes away.
Will do. One of my potential retirement scenarios involves me moving into Russian River with a sleeping bag, and writing my beer memoirs at the last table in the back on the right. Just the right triangulated distance from the band, the taplist and the men’s room. I would never have to leave.

skullgeorge
beers 100 º places 83 º 11:46 Sun 2/1/2015

Desverger
beers 29281 º places 383 º 13:03 Sun 2/1/2015

Originally posted by Jow
Originally posted by TheHOFF43
What are the top 100?

Click Places Tab, then click highest rated places yellow button in top right

Cheers. Never even realised that, only been to 3 of the top 50 there. Work meant to be sending us to the Stockholm office soon so will defiantly have to take in the number 1 in the world (Akkurat) - also long overdue a trip to Brussels. So should double my total count in the top 50 by end of year :)

Lothore
beers 650 º places 82 º 08:23 Thu 2/19/2015

Originally posted by mdg164
I’d put very little stock in to that list. Prohibition pig, which would have probably been the #1 spot on my list is #79. Meanwhile, Tired hands, one of the worst places I have ever been comes in at #80.

I just went to tired hands and I rated it higher than any place in the area (capones, monks, Theresa’s). I guess we balance each other out!

phaleslu
admin
beers 16533 º places 792 º 08:42 Thu 2/19/2015

Damn 8/50 and 12/100. Thought I’d be better than that. It sure feels like I’ve been to some incredible places, which is really reassuring - there’s a lot of great stuff out there!

(Of course, a few that are in that 12 have been boosted by phony ratings, but whatever.)

JAXSON
beers 612 º places 4 º 08:43 Thu 2/19/2015

Originally posted by GT2
I’d put very little stock in to that list. Prohibition pig, which would have probably been the #1 spot on my list is #79. Meanwhile, Tired hands, one of the worst places I have ever been comes in at #80.

Well clearly many people disagree with you. It may not be applicable to you, but it’s more applicable than any randomly generated list by a single person. Prohibition Pig is really awesome, I agree. But just because it is your #1 has nothing to do with what world raters think collectively is #1.

It also sounds like you may have a personal beef with Tired Hands as they make some of the highest rated beers on the planet and make a huge variety of them to boot.

I think some people may dislike visiting Tired Hands not because of the quality of their beers (which IMO are really overrated), but because of the layout, environment, and lack of non-pretensious "farm to fork" overpriced food. Their beer pours are pretty small and overpriced too. I think they’re just not for me; I live about 15 minutes away and haven’t been there in a year.

KyotoLefty
beers 15093 º places 1059 º 09:52 Thu 2/19/2015

Of that list, Acurrat is ip there. But mainly I want to hit small local breweries in Franconia and the Czech republic. And also Colorado.

Originally posted by JAXSON
Originally posted by GT2

Well clearly many people disagree with you. It may not be applicable to you, but it’s more applicable than any randomly generated list by a single person. Prohibition Pig is really awesome, I agree. But just because it is your #1 has nothing to do with what world raters think collectively is #1.

It also sounds like you may have a personal beef with Tired Hands as they make some of the highest rated beers on the planet and make a huge variety of them to boot.

I think some people may dislike visiting Tired Hands not because of the quality of their beers (which IMO are really overrated), but because of the layout, environment, and lack of non-pretensious "farm to fork" overpriced food. Their beer pours are pretty small and overpriced too. I think they’re just not for me; I live about 15 minutes away and haven’t been there in a year.

Sounds like the beginnings of a place rating!

Erlangernick
beers 6 º places 2 º 02:02 Fri 2/20/2015

Originally posted by JAXSON

I think some people may dislike visiting Tired Hands not because of the quality of their beers (which IMO are really overrated), but because of the layout, environment, and lack of non-pretensious "farm to fork" overpriced food.

Please help me understand. Is "farm to fork" food pretentious or non-pretentious? Is it normally overpriced? Would it be better if it were over-priced?

Or is the problem that there is pretentious f-t-f overpriced food, but it should either be non-pretentious or not overpriced? Or industrialized, growth-hormone- & antibiotic-laden McFood instead?

Really not sure I’m grasping the complaint here. (Never been to the place, though I have heard the name before.)

BlackHaddock
beers 15453 º places 1053 º 06:40 Tue 2/24/2015

8/50 and 5/51-100: Been to one other on each list, but they were closed when I tried to get in. Didn’t know there was a top 100 list to be honest. Not something I would follow, as I have disagreed with a lot of the scores given on this site by some people.

<*))))))><