RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Site News | Beer Talk | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Top Rated Beers You Havenít Rated

read 1032 times • 33 replies • posted 5/7/2013 1:06:14 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

premium
phaleslu 6504:403
The Mikkeller X thread got me thinking about the Top 50 and beyond, and which highly-rated beers I havenít had. Iíve had 45 of the Top 50, and these 5 remain:

3. Russian River Pliny The Younger - Iím a Midwesterner. Iíll have to travel for this one. Not sure when and if Iíll get a chance because timing will have to work out.
14. Cigar City Zhukovís Final Push - I have no idea how to get it.
22. AleSmith Speedway Stout (Kopi Luwak) - I have one of these at home and plan to open it soon.
29. Mikkeller X Imperial Stout 2006/2013 - Ha.
49. Mikkeller George! Barrel Aged (Cognac Edition) - I have one of these along with a Calvados that Iím opening next week.

Iím curious: Which are your top remaining unrated beers, and why?

Or do you even care about the Top 50?
Private message Send the author a private message

premium
TheAlum 5701:10
I noticed there has been some shifting up there recently.

I honestly donít hunt it (More a Sourheads list guy).. but out of the 8 up there I have left currently (Swore it was only 5 or 6 recently).. I think only one (Ann) would prove difficult to get.

EDIT: And Ann gets retired this month.. so yeah..
5/7/2013 1:10:19 PM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
GT2 8432:598
Guess Iíll just wait for the Mikkeller x to go away
5/7/2013 1:14:22 PM

gunhaver 1030:13
Ann and those two Mikkellers
5/7/2013 1:24:05 PM

premium
77ships 3771:109
I have a lot remaining, down 27/50 so far Ė a lot of them are hard to get beers whose distribution is on the other side of the world. Not a fan of trading nor do I have the ammo to land any of them.

Still a lot of them I would love to try, not because they are top 50 but because a lot of them sound delicious.
5/7/2013 1:31:56 PM

pinkie 470:10
Originally posted by phaleslu
The Mikkeller X thread got me thinking about the Top 50 and beyond, and which highly-rated beers I havenít had. Iíve had 45 of the Top 50, and these 5 remain:

3. Russian River Pliny The Younger - Iím a Midwesterner. Iíll have to travel for this one. Not sure when and if Iíll get a chance because timing will have to work out.
14. Cigar City Zhukovís Final Push - I have no idea how to get it.
22. AleSmith Speedway Stout (Kopi Luwak) - I have one of these at home and plan to open it soon.
29. Mikkeller X Imperial Stout 2006/2013 - Ha.
49. Mikkeller George! Barrel Aged (Cognac Edition) - I have one of these along with a Calvados that Iím opening next week.

Iím curious: Which are your top remaining unrated beers, and why?

Or do you even care about the Top 50?

They have mikeller in the bottle shop here but no dates on any of it. Itís dusty and itís been there since I have been shopping there. I would love to buy it and rate it but I donít dare.

You are going to love the alesmith. i drank the whole bottle of that all by myself it was so delicious. The calvados! OMG Chicken normandy. =)
5/7/2013 1:39:31 PM

premium
phaleslu 6504:403
Originally posted by pinkie
They have mikeller in the bottle shop here but no dates on any of it. Itís dusty and itís been there since I have been shopping there. I would love to buy it and rate it but I donít dare.

You are going to love the alesmith. i drank the whole bottle of that all by myself it was so delicious. The calvados! OMG Chicken normandy. =)

Which Mikkeller beers do they have in the bottle shop?

Iím looking forward to both Calvados and Cognac George (which hit shelves in Northern Kentucky!), as well as that Kopi Luwak Speedway. If that one is like the other Speedways, Iíll probably be higher than the average rating on it.
5/7/2013 1:43:35 PM

BeerFlavoredBeer 254:17
I donít really care about any top lists. Thereís all sorts of good beer out there - a lot of it is local, small-batch, or limited distribution stuff without a hype-train to really drive underground trading and word of mouth. That said, there are a few "unicorn" beers that I wish I had written down notes on - particularly a 3F Gueze, a 90ís SN Bigfoot, and a late-80ís Cantillon. I donít even have photos of the bottles. Itís a little sad, since those are experiences that part of me wants to show others - "Look! I drank that!" and then the rest of me goes "Who cares?"

Well, Iím sharing them now, so I suppose my internet ego is bigger or something.
5/7/2013 2:05:27 PM

pinkie 470:10
Originally posted by phaleslu
Originally posted by pinkie

Which Mikkeller beers do they have in the bottle shop?

Iím looking forward to both Calvados and Cognac George (which hit shelves in Northern Kentucky!), as well as that Kopi Luwak Speedway. If that one is like the other Speedways, Iíll probably be higher than the average rating on it.

I look for dates and if I donít see any I scroll past. They have brewdog, mikeller and some other stuff in a corner. Iíll take a better look next time. I just realized that I had a different alesmith speedway, the plain one not the kopi but it was still really good.
5/7/2013 2:14:04 PM

premium
Jow 2154:147
Westy XII
5/7/2013 2:19:16 PM

premium
douglas88 6018:219
Pliny the Younger
All of the Barrel Aged Dark Lord variants that I dream of getting to try ISO!
Goose Island Bourbon County Stout - Cherry Rye Barrel
Pegís G.O.O.D. RareR DOS

5/7/2013 2:28:15 PM

Home > Forums > Site News

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ