RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Local legend Brian Hunt caught on video

read 1813 times • 14 replies • posted 2/17/2012 3:26:52 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2

premium
admin
joet 2177:91
Yes you can say that on the internet, Brian.

Private message Send the author a private message

premium
MatSciGuy 907:
Damn, thatís a persistent interviewer. Kudos to that guy, Brian does not seem like an easy guy to interview.
2/17/2012 4:59:58 PM

Private message send the author a private message

Arbitrator
There have been more sightings of the Loch Ness Monster than of Brian Hunt.
2/17/2012 5:06:31 PM

premium
admin
Originally posted by Arbitrator

this is true. although I have bumped into him personally while at the supermarket.

2/17/2012 5:10:59 PM

premium
Sparky 2243:26
Seems like a cool guy. Thanks for posting it Joe.
2/17/2012 5:12:19 PM

Arbitrator
Originally posted by joet

this is true. although I have bumped into him personally while at the supermarket.

What a coincidence. Nessie and I have the same barber.
2/17/2012 5:21:42 PM

premium
hopscotch 9170:236
He seems sort of like a dick to me. However, I donít care if youíre Ty Cobb; brew great beer and Iíll pay you for it. Is Brian singlehandedly resposible for the beer style that is "Dark American Lager?"

I mean, was Josh afraid that Brian would hunt him down and cut his nuts off if Death and Taxes were classified as a Schwarzbier?
2/17/2012 5:38:54 PM

premium
admin
Originally posted by hopscotch
He seems sort of like a dick to me. However, I donít care if youíre Ty Cobb; brew great beer and Iíll pay you for it. Is Brian singlehandedly resposible for the beer style that is "Dark American Lager?"

I mean, was Josh afraid that Brian would hunt him down and cut his nuts off if Death and Taxes were classified as a Schwarzbier?

A little background... this all started when he looked up D& T at RateBeer and found it listed as a Schwarzbier for lack of a better bucket.

This was actually my personal classification at the time. He had a gripe I fully understood and could sympathize with (see my feelings on styles here ), we just couldnít accommodate his request at the time. The whole thing slowly devolved in a Brian (and Joel?) sort of way over the course of several years.

Iím not fully certain he understands that itís now classified as an American Dark Lager at RateBeer now. Thereís a bigger part of me that hopes he doesnít, as this whole thing has not quite run its course yet.

2/17/2012 5:59:24 PM

premium
kmweaver 3207:116
Originally posted by MatSciGuy
Brian does not seem like an easy guy to interview.

Hardest person to interview Iíve ever encountered.

We were having dinner with him one night, and Iím busily taking down notes about lager specifics while heís winking at Ali half the time to let her know heís totally messing with me. (She corrected me on the more important points afterwards, and he was kind enough to offer to proof the writeup for me, which was definitely helpful.)

An opinionated, outspoken, and incredibly talented brewer. Iím fascinated by the dude, and that video gets him at his most ornery. Which is only one facet.

Apparently you shop at Oliverís, too.
2/17/2012 6:36:32 PM

premium
admin
Originally posted by kmweaver
Originally posted by MatSciGuy
Brian does not seem like an easy guy to interview.

Hardest person to interview Iíve ever encountered.

We were having dinner with him one night, and Iím busily taking down notes about lager specifics while heís winking at Ali half the time to let her know heís totally messing with me. (She corrected me on the more important points afterwards, and he was kind enough to offer to proof the writeup for me, which was definitely helpful.)

An opinionated, outspoken, and incredibly talented brewer. Iím fascinated by the dude, and that video gets him at his most ornery. Which is only one facet.

Apparently you shop at Oliverís, too.

Raleyís is a lot closer to his house. But the food is not as fancy as at Oliverís. :-)
2/18/2012 12:20:56 AM

rpattinson 84:

Really? Iíve met him. Lovely bloke and a great brewer.
2/18/2012 3:55:48 AM

Home > Forums > Beer Talk

Page 1 | 2
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers