RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Industry | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

AB InBev purchase of Modelo (part 2)

read 401 times • 1 replies • posted 2/1/2013 4:38:39 AM

Thread Frozen

premium
MannyGoldberg 160:6
The original thread is locked.

Justice Dept trying to block the deal.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/31/anheuser-busch-grupo-modelo_n_2590960.html
Private message Send the author a private message

finn1918 192:12
Interesting read, although Iím content to let them do whatever they want as long as they stay away from good beer. And it is comforting to know that the DOJ is still taking an interest in stopping a foreign mega-corporation from establishing a monopoly.

Although truthfully, I would like to see them blow all their money on mergers and legal fees, then jack up the prices to the point where the average consumer just switches to another beer, like Sam Adams or Sierra Nevada. Brand loyalty to Bud Light is baffling, but I was working in retail when the economy took a nose dive in 2008/9, and Natty Light began flying off the shelves while Bud Light just sat there.

If craft breweries can start brewing lightly-hopped blonde ales as a "gateway beer" for the same price as or less than the ABInBev-Modelo offerings, I could see the cataclysmic end to the adjunct lager industry.
2/1/2013 8:11:18 AM

Private message send the author a private message

Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers
add
Advanced Search