RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Troegs brewery

read 535 times • 14 replies • posted 2/2/2013 7:27:22 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2

Trooper 8:
Looking for thoughts and opinions on this brewery.
Private message Send the author a private message

premium
foppa78 12
www.ratebeer.com/ratings/beer/showbrewer-recent.asp?bid=202
2/2/2013 7:30:28 PM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
LinusStick 2838:47
A great mid-level brewery in my opinion. Very solid year round offerings and some great seasonals. if you are inquiring about visiting the brewery itself, no clue. I live in PA and I love Nugget Nectar, Sunshine Pils, Mad Elf and Perpetual IPA.
2/2/2013 7:35:37 PM

premium
radarsock 894:48
Meh.
2/2/2013 8:05:21 PM

premium
Drake 8186:476
Big, new brewery. Pretty cool. If you visit youíll find some solid year rounds and seasonals and a couple from their Scratch series, which are a bunch of one-offs. When I visited, they had 3 Scratch on tap, and one available bottled. Definitely worth a visit, along with Pizza Boy/Alís of Hampden which is nearby.
2/2/2013 8:21:07 PM

premium
ReggieDunlap 3047:142
They make good or solid beers fairly regularly and their scratch beer series ranges from meh to pretty damn good. Splinters were damn good but mostly unattainable. Nugget nectar is fabulous (back on track this year after growing pains last year during expansion) and perpetual is damn good for a regular offering at a reasonable ($35 case) price point.
2/2/2013 8:37:25 PM

premium
DocLock 7824:145
A great brewery who I have loved and supported for over 15 years now. I truly hope the stories I am hearing about the Trogner brothers letting GABF medals go to their heads and cause them to be arrogant pricks are unfounded, however, because although I love Nugget Nectar, and I discovered Hopback Amber, Sunshine Pils, and Scratch 4 (now Flying Muffdiver), my loyalty knows its limits. The beer world, as with life, is a fickle fuck, and can bite you in the ass at a momentís notice.
2/2/2013 8:57:01 PM

502Che 999:47
Ingot the Nuget nectar today and really wasnt impressed with it. Sucjs the whole foods i went to was out of lagunitas sucks. The NN was too sweet for me
2/2/2013 9:04:29 PM

premium
UDBeernut 1652:114
The tour is pretty legit. Large modern brewery, solid beers.
2/3/2013 1:52:57 PM

premium
boxofrane 2085:52
They make some really nice beers. Nugget Nectar, Hopback, JavaHead, Perpetual.

They have a few stinkers like anyone else.
2/3/2013 2:44:48 PM

premium
bierkitty 158:13
Just tried this yearís Nugget Nectar. It rocks. Iím also a fan of Dead Reckoning Porter. And the new brewery food is great.
2/3/2013 4:41:54 PM

Home > Forums > Beer Talk

Page 1 | 2
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers