RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Hel & Verdoemenis Wild Turkey

read 556 times • 9 replies • posted 2/7/2013 8:15:20 AM

Thread Frozen

andrejes 32:5
There is a new batch of the Hel & Verdoemenis Wild Turkey, but 11%!!!
The old one was 13%, is this the same beer or is the aging less??
Private message Send the author a private message

premium
radarsock 913:48
What are you saying?
2/7/2013 12:20:41 PM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
77ships 3771:109
This is the reason why there are two entries for "De Molen Kopi Loewak Coffee Stout" on here so...
2/7/2013 12:30:49 PM

BoBoChamp 5443:5
Seems this batch didnít soak as much Wild Turkey than the previous one, so no new entry!
Kopi Loewak wasnít put on barrels, so the change is due to the beer itself.
Black Tuesday and many other famous American Stouts also vary in ABV, yet donít get a new entry.
So to me I donít see a valid reason why to give a new entry for H&V Wild Turkey (or even Kopi Loewak), unless the base recipe changed significantly
2/7/2013 2:05:18 PM

premium
GT2 8432:598
Agreed with not a new entry. Abv variability is expected. Doesnít sound like a major recipe change. Even then, recipe changes donít always warrant a new entry.
2/7/2013 3:24:55 PM

andrejes 32:5
The tasted was different then the old batch!! I think they didnít soak as much than the previvoius one.
But still veryyyyy good.
2/8/2013 7:06:40 AM

DerWeg 1494:38
Originally posted by GT2 ... (even) recipe changes donít always warrant a new entry.

Thatís right, La Granja with Canadian maple syrup was warranted no new RB entry, with an entirely new flavoriadjunct.

At any rate the maple was vry subtle.
2/8/2013 8:33:37 AM

premium
admin
Danko
One might ponder that the more times you use a barrel the less there is left of the previous stuff for natural causes.

Also, this batch was most likely brewed on a completely different brewsystem, and a much bigger one in comparison.

I expect things to change due to this, although I do think that the intent and goal of the brewer has not changed for this beer.
2/8/2013 8:36:56 AM

premium
DutchDrebus 4018:37
Iíd vote for a new entry, but Iím no expert on this. 2% abv less or more can change quite a bit about the taste and mouthfeel.
2/8/2013 11:12:27 AM

BelgBeerGeek 1298:34
Originally posted by DutchDrebus
Iíd vote for a new entry, but Iím no expert on this. 2% abv less or more can change quite a bit about the taste and mouthfeel.

Stop thinking about the ticks and think about the beer itself ! sorry but 2% abv less doesnít change at all, have you ever done a full line of Black Teusday ? well i did thanks to 2 great people and believe me 2% doesnít change a thing ...

And like said before, itís about how much bourbon is still soaked in the wood is what affects how much more alcohol the beer will make, and if thatís what makes it different in your eyes then ratebeer wouldnít have 150.000 beers but 300.000 beers.
2/8/2013 11:49:06 AM

Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers
add
Advanced Search