AHA Membership Satisfaction Survey

Reads 1142 • Replies 9 • Started Tuesday, March 3, 2015 5:50:27 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

bitbucket
beers 2166 º places 63 º 17:50 Tue 3/3/2015

Just finished taking it. Told them I wasn’t thrilled with the membership benefits.

Anybody else get the survey email? Your thoughts?

bitbucket
beers 2166 º places 63 º 19:45 Tue 3/3/2015

Related questions:
Are you an AHA member?
Do you feel that AHA membership is good/valuable/useful?

Homer321
beers 5369 º places 54 º 20:04 Tue 3/3/2015

Originally posted by bitbucket
Related questions:
Are you an AHA member?

Yes.
My local homebrew store gives a discount. And so did Westbrook when I was there. Locally, it doesn’t pay for itself, and I rarely have time to read Zymurgy, but I keep hoping that the next town I visit has a brewery that gives discounts.

NobleSquirrel
beers 3437 º places 209 º 11:32 Wed 3/4/2015

I’m curious to know what membership benefits you’re not satisfied with? Perhaps it got overlooked by a lot of people, but the new AHA insurance policy has saved our club literally $1000s over the past year and will do so going forward as well. Plus, the conference is one of the best events of the year, IMO.

stumpyiliz
beers 218 º places 7 º 22:05 Tue 3/17/2015

I’m three months into my first membership and god damn, can they send a lot less emails PLEASE?!?

bitbucket
beers 2166 º places 63 º 21:02 Thu 3/19/2015

Originally posted by Homer321
Related questions:
Are you an AHA member?

Yes.
My local homebrew store gives a discount. And so did Westbrook when I was there. Locally, it doesn’t pay for itself, and I rarely have time to read Zymurgy, but I keep hoping that the next town I visit has a brewery that gives discounts.

For whatever reason (and I’ve never gotten a satisfactory answer on this one) the state of Washington prohibits those discounts. Maybe because it somehow vaguely encourages drunkenness?

So no discounts for me.

bitbucket
beers 2166 º places 63 º 21:03 Thu 3/19/2015

Originally posted by NobleSquirrel
I’m curious to know what membership benefits you’re not satisfied with? Perhaps it got overlooked by a lot of people, but the new AHA insurance policy has saved our club literally $1000s over the past year and will do so going forward as well. Plus, the conference is one of the best events of the year, IMO.

No idea on the insurance thing. Nobody in any of the three clubs I’ve been a member of has ever mentioned it.

Part of my annoyance is that the ’member discounts’ for books on the AHA website are meaningless. Let’s say that there’s a new book and the cover price is $25, but the member discount is $23, plus shipping. The same book is available on Amazon for $19, including shipping. And Amazon will ship it before AHA. And for some books the AHA member discount price is the same as the AHA regular price. WTF?

stumpyiliz
beers 218 º places 7 º 22:14 Sun 3/22/2015

Ya like the how to open a brewery paperback, for 90+$. Really a Frickin paperback? I feel like it’s just a waste of 50$ a year unless you get some great discounts at local pubs and breweries.

skinnyguy
15:44 Wed 3/25/2015

No idea on the insurance thing. Nobody in any of the three clubs I’ve been a member of has ever mentioned it

The insurance thing is for the club itself, not really an individual member benefit- http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/community/clubs/homebrew-club-insurance/.

bitbucket
beers 2166 º places 63 º 21:57 Wed 3/25/2015

Originally posted by skinnyguy

No idea on the insurance thing. Nobody in any of the three clubs I’ve been a member of has ever mentioned it

The insurance thing is for the club itself, not really an individual member benefit- http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/community/clubs/homebrew-club-insurance/.

I’m going to guess that at least two of the clubs I’ve been a member of have never had the insurance. The third which is larger and sponsors a large yearly competition MIGHT have it. I’ll ask next meeting. Thanks!

Homebrew Shops - A collection of homebrew shops and supply houses submitted by RateBeer readers

Homebrewing Articles - RateBeer Magazine's homebrewing department

Homebrew Recipes - Experiment, share and post your own homebrew recipes

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer