In praise of Northernbrews!

Reads 580 • Replies 9 • Started Monday, April 27, 2015 4:40:18 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

thebaldwizard
beers 1210 º places 7 º 16:40 Mon 4/27/2015

Recently asked Jeff for some help gathering some beers for a friend. I simply described a style and asked if he could help. Well, Jeff took it to the next level and went shopping for me and sent ten beers! He also threw in two samples of awesome whiskey just because. He did all of this while asking for nothing in return. I kept trying to pin something down, but he was simply "just glad to help". Haven’t been an active trader for some time, but this is how I remember several of my old trading buddies. Cheers to Jeff for being such am awesome ratebeerian! Beer karma!

BVery
beers 13631 º places 750 º 17:04 Mon 4/27/2015

RateBeerians doin’ their thing. Great story - love to hear stuff like this!

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 18:01 Mon 4/27/2015

Jeff is one of the best.

My only qualm is that I never see him anymore.

deyholla
beers 21611 º places 849 º 18:02 Mon 4/27/2015

I can attest to Jeff’s generosity as well! He definitely helped me get in to the hobby when I was a noob. Cheers Jeff!

thebaldwizard
beers 1210 º places 7 º 09:26 Tue 4/28/2015

Woot!

GodOfThunder
beers 1364 º places 65 º 17:37 Tue 4/28/2015

Jeff was my first regular trade partner. Lots of great times with him, including two trips to Michigan where we stayed at his lake house, and a couple return trips from him down here in FL. He’s one of the best.

I even got to meet you on one of those trips, and leave you in the dust in Kuhnhenn’s parking lot.

Another Michigan trip is in order for the Florida crew.

northernbrews
beers 50 º places 15 º 05:49 Wed 4/29/2015

Glad I was able to help you out Joe as you’ve done countless times on here and thanks for the kind words y’all. You’ve all been more than generous over the years.

I’ve slowed on beer trading, going to releases, etc... due to the mentality of a lot of traders now-a-days trying to win trades and maximize the value of their beers.

Sure miss the old days when it wasn’t about bottle count and secondary value, just good beer for good beer, $4$. Luckily there’s still some of us out there that are about hooking others up and building friendships.

J, definitely need another Michigan trip for the FL crew!

mikem409
beers 2032 º places 251 º 18:51 Wed 4/29/2015

Jeff is a great guy and owe a lot of friendships I’ve made to him.

thebaldwizard
beers 1210 º places 7 º 20:18 Wed 4/29/2015

Originally posted by GodOfThunder I even got to meet you on one of those trips, and leave you in the dust in Kuhnhenn's parking lot.
Taking your ass down in that race was twice as easy as drinking the entire mead menu that night.

northernbrews
beers 50 º places 15 º 21:50 Wed 4/29/2015

Originally posted by thebaldwizard
Originally posted by GodOfThunder
I even got to meet you on one of those trips, and leave you in the dust in Kuhnhenn's parking lot.

Taking your ass down in that race was twice as easy as drinking the entire mead menu that night.

Not sure what J liked more...all those meads or the "kiss"

That was an insane night of gluttony. The next night with the beer/tequila tasting didn’t suck either :)